• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Sync impossible

MJOnBeat

Lurker
Aug 6, 2012
Ok I have had my new HTC MyTouch 3g (Magic) for nearly 2 months and I'm being driven crazy by HTC Sync. I have looked on every forum, support centre and help centre I can. Done all the suggestions and still nothing.
So I'll start from the top
I have a windows vista pc, it has been recently restored to factory settings (wiped) so there is no security system and I have disabled the firewall+ added HTC to the programs to let through.
I have no itunes.
I have the latest HTC sync with no updates to be done.
I have tried everything, usb debugging, off, areoplane mode on and off... list goes on.
I downloaded HTC sync from the HTC site, it downloaded fine, updated it did a whole lot more downloading.
(I'm not a techy person)
STILL saying no device connected.
I can't think of anything else to do, help I'm wishing I'd never bought the phone now, as it's new it says frimware 1.5 which I was told is the android, but I have no market or play store icon (I have an sd card) and the messaging times are mucked up which I was told is because the phone is new and the android is old?
I got the phone from a trusted dealer and I don't think it's a knock off as this is the only problem I'm having.
Thank you so much for any advice, I'm getting so frustrated.

Reactions: Mohammed Ishag

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones