• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Sync installation issues

ltrguy261

Lurker
Jan 20, 2010
I have done several searches here but have come up with nothing. I have an HTC Hero with Google through Sprint. I have downloaded the HTC Sync file several times and when I try to open it I always get an error saying it can't find the tlib_log.dll

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this? Thanks for all the help.

i tried changing the combatibikity too and i get this screen(obviously its an error, and it means its not installing right). any thoughts? the picture got cutoff a bit but at the top it says: ERROR: Path 'C:/program files (x86)/htc/htc driver/driver files/vista_x64' not found. DPInst.exe installs and uninstalls driver packages. By default, the tools searches the current directory and tries to install all driver packages found.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c387/ndstrctbl/****edup.png

Upvote 0
Here is the fix...

Use your system search feature and search for the file tlib_log.dll. You must enter the entire file name. You will come up with one result. Right click on that resulting file and say "open in location". This will open the Windows Explorer to the directory "teleca Shared" folder where this file exist.

Now in the left panel of Windows Explorer navigate to the Windows directory and find the SysWOW64 folder. Now highlight all the dll files (filename.dll) and drag them (copy, not move) to the SysWOW64 folder.

Restart your computer and you should be good to go.

Barrett Powell

Upvote 0
I run Windows 7, HTC Incredible ADR6300, installed HTC_Sync_2.0.40.exe per instructions from the Phone via USB cable.

I disabled my Anti-virus, after 1st install, I received cannot install tlib_log as missing.

I first ran HTC_Sync_2.0.40.exe and selected Repair.

I went to Program Files/HTC/HTC Sync/Application Launcher/Application Launcher.exe right clicked, selected Properties, Compatibility Tab and first checked "Run Program as Administrator?

Next, I checked under Compatibility "Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 3)"

I did locate tilb_log Program Files\Common Files\Teleca Shared\tlib_log.dll

I launched HTC Sync, my Droid ADR6300 is plugged in recognized as Connection Type Disk Drive.

When the HTC Program Launches no errors, only now Synchronize Now is grayed out and my option is Sync Manager which appears disabled and in the lower right corner of this window is Disconnected.

I turned on WiFi and connected to my Network, the Phone folders are visible & open, displayed in My Computer as well, and I can transfer files.

HTC Sync under Tools Phone Monitor Options, nothing is displayed.

I went back to HTC ADR6300, Connect to PC and changed Connection Type from Disk Drive to HTC Sync.

I unplugged my FireDroid ADR6300, waited 10 sec., plugged back in and the ADR6300 did not connect, however a Phone Connection Wizard Opened on the PC Monitor to try and identify my phone.

Phone Identified, re-launched the HTC Sync program and 3 Options now available

Synchronize Now
Sync Manager
Application Installer - Displays Android OS Installer file (apk)

Selected Okay and Welcome to Application Installer Wizard

My only issue now, is I do not use MS Outlook.

I hope this was helpful although I do not use Sprint or HTC Hero.

FireDroid0

Upvote 0
I had the same problem running Windows 7.

Here's what you do:

Go to the program, right click on the icon

Click on 'Properties'

From there, go to 'Compatibility' and check the box saying to use Windows XP.

Worked immediately for me. Hope this helps.

This advice worked perfectly and immediately on my HP w/Windows 7. Have had issues from day one with this program... seems HTC spent more effort getting it out than working out user issues.

Thanks!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones