HTC Sync is JunkGeneral

Last Updated:

1. singleshot

singleshot Active Member This Topic's Starter

I am using HTC Sync to sync my Outlook contacts and my Incredible. I noticed that some of my contacts weren't making it to my contact list on my phone, but they were on my PC. It was very random. Some were there, but some weren't. I was trying to fix it just now and somehow deleted 52 contacts from my PC!! :mad:

I guess when it sync'd this time, it used the contact list on the phone as the primary and since those 52 contacts weren't on the phone...it just deleted them from my Outlook. Very frustrating because I don't know which ones were deleted. This is maddening sometimes.

Advertisement
  2. birthofahero

birthofahero Well-Known Member

Very sorry to hear. Ive never been a fan of syncing stuff. To me it seems like too many problems can occur when trying to get technology to be compatible with each other

3. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

O.E. issue

4. singleshot

I guess I was a little spoiled with my old phone. I had a Windows Mobile device and it played perfectly with the Outlook on my PC. It helps when the software on both devices is made by the same blood sucking conglomerate.

5. shaggymatt

shaggymatt Well-Known Member

Ha get a Droid, then you can't sync any of your contacts, without a third party app. You can only export them from Outlook, and then import them into Google contacts, and you'll eventually find out that only contacts with an email address end up sync'ing entirely!

6. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

I did the same thing, I was piiised, lol.. Now I just it to remotely install apps instead of transferring the .apks

7. singleshot

I've already figured out that the phone really wants to play with my Google account. I have another issue where my Google account (which I don't use for anything) has sucked my calendar info in from Outlook and now it's syncing with the calendar app I use on the Incredible and creating duplicate entries for everything. I can't figure how to turn it off.

8. leebsammy

leebsammy Well-Known Member

yeah i use gmail for all my contacts. its nice cause you can add new contacts to your phone as google contacts. its a simple way of saving contacts, and if i ever hard reset or get a new android phone, i know they will sync up when i log into my gmail account.