• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Sync issues with Windows 7

SkunkApe

Feb 19, 2010
Anybody having any issues with connecting their evo with HTC sync in windows 7?

i have the updated version of htc sync, i chose htc sync option on the phone, however it says its searching the pc for htc sync, but never connects and eventually fails. ive tried to reinstall the drivers a few times.

any ideas?

Anybody having any issues with connecting their evo with HTC sync in windows 7?

i have the updated version of htc sync, i chose htc sync option on the phone, however it says its searching the pc for htc sync, but never connects and eventually fails. ive tried to reinstall the drivers a few times.

any ideas?

I had to download it twice in order to solve this problem with my hero but my evo did'nt have any problems. I don't really sync anything on my computer to my evo so I've found the disk mount through the usb to be useful on moving files. Good luck.

Upvote 0
Windows 7 - 32 bit, 1.53Ghz Processor (Yes, my computer is THAT old), 1 GB Ram

When I install HTC Sync on my computer it seems to always be searching for a connected device or something. On my desktop the little blue wheel appears next to the mouse every 2-5 seconds. It only does this when Sync is installed, I have un-installed it twice and the problem goes away.

Just curious if anyone else's computer does this, or if anyone has any solutions?

(I hate how you cannot decide to have their software NOT automatically turn on on start up)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones