• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Sync manager download problems

Anyone had problems downloading the HTC sync manager onto PC?

Fron the HTC site I'm trying to run the 1.11.66.0 manager onto a new Sony Vaio but either I get a message at 99% saying it was interupted,resuming ends up failing,or it just fails anyhow,I tried downloading an HTC app but with the same result,can anyone help please??

I can't get the options to SYNC etc on the ONE X+ like I used to with the ONE X on my old laptop when I connect via USB either

Norton confirms the file is safe but I end up with a message saying this app isn't compatible with my PC and to check with the publisher,but Windows security ends up blocking it anyway to protect my PC??

I also made sure to remove anything HTC/Android then trying again too but same result

Thanks in advance anyone,I'm pulling my hair out!!

Perhaps you should check if there is an option in your Windows setting to allow the installation of HTC Sync.
The other possibility is to contact HTC for some assistance.

Thanks for the reply

I disabled the Windows firewalls and some other settings but I'm getting back the message saying that the app isn't compatible

Still searching,I'll try HTC somehow like you say I guess

Upvote 0
Hi all from a new member.

I am trying to download HTC Sync Manager to my Windows (VAIO) laptop but keep getting an error.

I can't attach a screen grab as I have not got the 'required number of posts' :(

The files for installation requirement Microsoft VC Redist 2005 KB973544 (x86) could not be found. The installation will now stop, this is probably due to a failed, or canceled download.

Any ideas?

Cheers in advance

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones