HTC Sync Menu doesnt come up anymoreSupport

Last Updated:

1. StevenChap

StevenChap Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When I plug in my 2.1 Orange Hero it used to say, charge or tether or mount n all that but for the past 2 weeks nothing comes up when I plug it to my laptop even though it charges.

on the settings thing i have ticked to ask each time but each time it never asks and now i dont know what to do cause I wanna put some files onto my hero but cant mount it. I have tried with a different cable and still nothing.

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Obvious question perhaps, but have you tried uninstalling the current version of HTC Sync and installing the most recent (v3.xx.xx iirc)? I've seen a couple of posts from users reporting success with this version where previous ones gave problems.

3. StevenChap

StevenChap Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I actually mean on the phone, the option used to come up whether I want to mount, sync or charge. Now it doesnt come up anymore it jus charges.

4. Adrian4408

Adrian4408 Active Member

I'm a HTC Hero user on Three mobile (UK). I got the update a few days ago & since then I can't get my phone to do anything with my laptop via USB. I often use the USB to upload music & documents to my phone & download photos from the phone to my laptop.

When I plug the USB in to the phone, all that happens is it starts to charge, no additional notifications or menus or options appear. On the laptop I see the phone as a removable drive but when I try to access it, it says "Please insert a disk in removable disk (G)"

Also I've tried all 4 options in the "Connect to PC" menu in "Settings" and still no joy.

So far no response for HTC

5. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Hello Adrian. This query could go in the HTC Hero forums or the "Updates and Cupcakes" area (where device updates are discussed).

Let's try the HTC Hero area first.. I'm sure you'll get more responses at either of those two than in the Lounge, which is more of a general chit-chat gathering. ;)

Adrian4408 likes this.
  6. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Is it possible you (or the update) set it to charge only by default? Normally on 2.1 you should get a popup box with 4 options, but I think it's possible to make it default to one.

I'm not running official firmware, but (I think) that's an option somewhere in the settings.

EDIT: I've combined both your posts on this subject and moved it to the Support and Troubleshooting section.

@ Frisco, for a problem such as this (a HTC Sense bug in a specific phone's firmware), the phone specific section is definitely the better call :)

7. Adrian4408

Adrian4408 Active Member

I thought that too. I've changed the default option & it hasn't made a difference.

I've now downloaded an app called USB switcher & that seems to now allow me use it to transfer stuff between the SD & my laptop

8. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

I've merged both Adrian4408 and StevenChap's threads since is the same issue and both threads contained useful advice.