• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Sync Menu doesnt come up anymore

When I plug in my 2.1 Orange Hero it used to say, charge or tether or mount n all that but for the past 2 weeks nothing comes up when I plug it to my laptop even though it charges.

on the settings thing i have ticked to ask each time but each time it never asks and now i dont know what to do cause I wanna put some files onto my hero but cant mount it. I have tried with a different cable and still nothing.

I'm a HTC Hero user on Three mobile (UK). I got the update a few days ago & since then I can't get my phone to do anything with my laptop via USB. I often use the USB to upload music & documents to my phone & download photos from the phone to my laptop.

When I plug the USB in to the phone, all that happens is it starts to charge, no additional notifications or menus or options appear. On the laptop I see the phone as a removable drive but when I try to access it, it says "Please insert a disk in removable disk (G)"

Also I've tried all 4 options in the "Connect to PC" menu in "Settings" and still no joy.

So far no response for HTC

Upvote 0
Is it possible you (or the update) set it to charge only by default? Normally on 2.1 you should get a popup box with 4 options, but I think it's possible to make it default to one.

I'm not running official firmware, but (I think) that's an option somewhere in the settings.

EDIT: I've combined both your posts on this subject and moved it to the Support and Troubleshooting section.

@ Frisco, for a problem such as this (a HTC Sense bug in a specific phone's firmware), the phone specific section is definitely the better call :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones