• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Sync not connecting to phone

JohnnyDiesel

Feb 19, 2010
I have just installed HTC Sync 2.0.18 on both my computers and none of them will recognize my phone when I connect it. One of the computers is a Dell Inspiron 9400 running Vista and the other is a MacBook Pro running Windows 7 under VMWare Fusion 3.0.2.
HTC Sync 2.0.18 should work in Windows 7 and definitely under Vista so I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. On both computers I'm running AVG Antivirus 9.0 Free, on which I disabled resident shield during installations, as recommended. Any ideas anyone?

I am having the same issue with my droid eris and htc sync on my windows 7 machine.

I have htc sync installed on an XP machine and it syncs just fine, but my phone says it cannot find the HTC Sync on my Windows 7 computer. Also the Windows 7 computer says it cannot find/install the drivers for the phone. I can mount and access the SD card on both machines so this is limited to the syncing...thanks

Upvote 0
Sync a Hero to Windows 7:

1. Open Control Panel / Devices and Printers

2. Right click the 'Android Phone' and select properties

3. Click on the hardware tab

4. Probably be listed as 'HTC Dream composite interface' or similar.

5. Highlight this entry and click on properties.

6. In the properties dialogue box under the general tab at the bottom click 'change settings'.

7. When the dialogue box reappears click on the 'Driver' tab.

8. Select the 'Update Driver' option.

9. On the first screen select the second option 'Browse my computer for driver software'.

10. In the next screen select the second option 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.

11. You should then be faced with 2 options on the next screen under Model, either 'HTC Dream Composite ADB Interface' or 'My HTC'.

12. Select 'My HTC' and that will install the correct drivers and then you should be good to go.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones