• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Sync not recognising phone

willie5094

Aug 12, 2011
Quote from Desire S manual

"Setting up HTC Sync to recognize your phone
1. Connect your phone to your computer using the USB cable that came with your
phone.
2. When your phone prompts you to choose a type of USB connection, tap HTC
Sync, and then tap Done. Wait for HTC Sync to recognize your phone.
3. On the Device setup screen, enter a name for your phone.
4. Click Save. The Device panel then opens."

This is not happening on my laptop even though HTC Sync is loaded on laptop, any help please.

It might be that the device drivers haven't installed correctly. You can try reinstalling HTC Sync to your PC. (There was a very recent update. Under Help, in the HTC Sync window/device panel, there's an option to check for updates.)

If it doesn't connect first time, try unplugging the USB to the laptop and then reconnecting. If successful, you'll get the 'connection type' option screen on your phone. Select the HTC Sync option from the list on your phone, then you'll be able to use HTC Sync on your laptop.

Reactions: willie5094
Upvote 0
I am having the same problem, I plug in my HTC into my laptop, right click to open HTC Sync a grey box pops up on laptop screen saying version 3.0.551(I think) as it disappears real fast, next the main HTC Sync box pops up, usually this is the one that recognised my phone, however, after about 2 seconds, pooofff it disappears. Also each time I start up my laptop, I get a message telling me there are new updates for my phone, I click update and nothing happens?
Thanks
Tricia

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones