HTC sync not working properlySupport

Last Updated:

1. chrisrosevilla

chrisrosevilla Active Member This Topic's Starter

After working fine for months I've just noticed that phone to ms outlook sync of calendar is not working. It started a few days ago but I can't be specific when.

Pc to phone of calendar is fine, contacts sync fine both ways.

I debranded from Vodafone and went to Froyo 10 days ago. Could this be the cause?

Just installed the latest sync 2.0.33 from HTC - no change.

It's a pain because I started using the phone to make work appointments, fortunately spotting the problems before any real damage was done with clients.

Has anyone else come across this and if so found a fix? Many thanks.

Advertisement
  2. jimbojames79

jimbojames79 New Member

I've done the same as you (but from T-mobile) and have the same issue. It would appear to be the froyo update. apparently it doesn't support syncing with MS Outlook anymore.

This is a bit of a deal breaker for me as I use my phone to tell me what I'm late for!

Any advice on how to sync MS outlook calendar to my desire would be greatly recieved...

Thanks

3. chrisrosevilla

On advice from HTC support I've tried the new sync version 3.0.5422 but that is exactly the same; no phone to pc calendar sync.

They say the Froyo update perhaps didn't install correctly but I've had no other problems with it since the update over 2 weeks ago. They recommend sending it in for repair but that would be awkward since I guess I've invalidated the warranty by replacing the Vodafone firmware with the HTC one.

It would be useful to know categorically if this is a Froyo issue - in which case a 'repair' at the moment would be pointless.

I'm hoping that as Froyo is officially going out now more people may hit the problem so we'd know one way or the other.

4. jimbojames79

jimbojames79 New Member

I've gone for this option now. Seems to be working ok.

http://androidforums.com/1405218-post6.html

5. chrisrosevilla

Thanks, I'll look into that.

6. Tweedledee

Tweedledee New Member

Same issue here. Updated to 2.2 yesterday.

Added items in the HTC Desire calendar, they do not appear in Outlook 2003 after synchronizing. Items added in Outlook 2003 make it to the phone just fine. Contacts seem ok. Very annoying.

Using HTCSync 3.0.5422.

7. chrisrosevilla

I still have an issue open with HTC about it so I've told them that other users are getting the problem since their Froyo update now it is looking more likely that that is the cause.

In the meantime I've switched to the solution mentioned above using google calendar which is working. I've skipped the outlook sync for the moment until I know it's reliable.

What a pain.

8. Tweedledee

Tweedledee New Member

Seems I messed up my reply to HTC, raised a new ticket.

9. Jumbeaux

Jumbeaux Active Member

I am also on ticket with HTC Support.

After installing HTC Sync 3.0XX in August, I have lost the ability to sync Calendar and Contacts with MS Outlook 2003 on my office laptop. I'd written to HTC but their response was to reinstall the MS Outlook. That is not possible given that this is a corporate laptop and I don't own a copy of MS Outlook 2003 installer.

Waiting for their answer.

10. chrisrosevilla

I ended up in the situation where google calendar would sync but google contacts wouldn't. This was just the opposite of the outlook problem. In the end I deleted all phone data and did a factory reset of the phone, then reinstalled HTC sync 2.0.33 because it had worked and you can see what it's doing.
    Both outlook sync and google sync work perfectly now and have been doing for a couple of weeks.
    Apart from tidying up the mess my outlook contacts had become ( I had a backup fortunately) the whole process was very quick & wish I'd done it at the first sign of trouble. Outlook itself didn't need any attention. The problem appears to have been with HTC sync data during the Froyo update process.
    Hope that helps you; the problems at the time drove me nuts!

11. Jumbeaux

Jumbeaux Active Member

My solution was to download 2.0.4 and install. Works perfectly. I can sync my calendar and contacts now. No upgrade to 3.0 for now and near future.

I did all these on my own initiative without help from HTC.

12. Tweedledee

Tweedledee New Member

Actually moved to the GMail 3-way sync solution this evening. Calender works fine now but not too happy with the whole 'cloud' thing.

Will try it for a few days but seeing how I still need HTC Sync anyway for my contacts, perhaps I will attempt to go back to v2 too.