HTC Sync Not Working?Support

Last Updated:

1. dzar

dzar Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So anybody played with HTC Sync to synchronize Outlook (2007) calendar with the EVO? I seemed to get a good sync at first, but now when I add a new appointment on the phone, it doesn't get back into Outlook. If I add something on the PC in Outlook, it gets pushed to the phone just fine. I cannot get anything to go from phone to PC, however. Anyone else tried this?

Advertisement
  2. dzar

dzar Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'll answer my own question...

So it seems that when one adds an event on the phone, it goes to the Google calendar (assuming one is enabled which it is on my phone). That works. I see no way to change which calendar a new (or existing) event goes to.

In the end, this is fine as I'm making a switch to Google calendar.

3. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

I couldn't answer your first question, but can answer your second.

When you add a new event, the first item in the menu is "Calendar." You can set the default, and it should list all of your different Calendars. Mine has "Exchange, PC Sync, [Google Calendar list]"

I'm not certain how to force the default to a certain Calendar however. One would think there's a way but I don't have time to dig right now.

dashrender likes this.
  4. JMD

JMD Well-Known Member

I have not done this with an Evo but I did recently do it on my BB curve and had some problems. First I would check the settings to make sure 2-way sync is selected. I can't remember if I ended up deleting and reinstalling the program on the phone or my computer (I think it was the one on my computer) but after reinstalling it everything has worked fine.

5. dashrender

dashrender New Member

I recently converted some users from Windows Mobile to Androids and found myself with this problem.
    Thanks for pointing out the Calendar options at the top, didn't notice it before.