• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Sync not working

OZZlE

Jun 6, 2010
Hey,

First I installed the HTC Software from my phone (I disabled my anti-virus), it did not work, so I downloaded the latest software "HTC Sync 2.0.33" but it still wont work, the computer says that its offline and my desire says that the software prob isnt installed on the computer...

I've tried to disable windows firewall and my anti-virus.

I'm running windows vista 32bit.

This is going to crap on my schoolwork :( i need it like tonight! I need to transfer my android app tonight to my phone :(

Hey,

First I installed the HTC Software from my phone (I disabled my anti-virus), it did not work, so I downloaded the latest software "HTC Sync 2.0.33" but it still wont work, the computer says that its offline and my desire says that the software prob isnt installed on the computer...

I've tried to disable windows firewall and my anti-virus.

I'm running windows vista 32bit.

This is going to crap on my schoolwork :( i need it like tonight! I need to transfer my android app tonight to my phone :(

I had to disconnect, reconnect, turn off usb debugging, leave it on many different times before I got it to even throw up the dialogue box where you name your phone. Then I had to do this again many times before I got drivers to install properly and get htc sync to reconise it being connmected.

HTC sync is a really poor effort.

Upvote 0
My wife bought an HTC Desire S. I told her to buy an iphone but she would not listen. A few weeks later she brought the HTC to me and asked how could she get it to sync with her contacts and get some music on it? I followed the instruction but was unable to to get HTC sync to work at all. I am pretty IT literate but despite following the instructions religiously it did not work. After a whole morning of my fiddling and a whole afternoon on the phone to Virgin Help, we were unable to get the sync to work - Virgin said it was my PC at fault, despite the fact my daughter could sync her Samsung Galaxy android phone to my PC and I could sync my iPhone. I tried all the tips - disabling anti virus, running in compatibility mode, enabling debugging, uninstalling the outdated version then installing the various updated versions of HTC sync. All to no avail. Eventually I found the reason why it didn't work, a simple fact, HTC sync had omitted to mention in any of thier material. HTC Sync did not work with Windows 7 64 bit (which is pretty crap if you ask me). At this point I gave in. However a few months later I noticed HTC had updated sync to support windows 7 64 bit. I tried again. This time I got a bit further. I managed to view the files on the phone's memory card but not via HTC Sync. Once I even got the Sync program to run, though it took about 20 minutes to load (no exaggeration) but I could only view the phone's on board memory not the card memory. HTC sync is as buggy as hell and crashed several times. I had no confidence in this product all all and was loath to use it to back up precious contacts, photos and telephone numbers. I was after dozens of hours of blood sweat and tears about to throw in the towel when I read in a forum about someone using MyPhoneExplorer http://www.fjsoft.at/en/ instead of HTC sync. The program was freeware, loaded quickly and to my amazement worked first time. It was really easy to use and able to back up all the contacts into a program of my choice (I chose Outlook) I was also able to drag and drop a playlist from iTunes and it installed all the mp3 albums on the list and it synced and backed up everything including text messages and previous calls. The program will even sync via wifi or bluetooth. So folks the answer is ditch HTC sync and use MyPhoneExplorer. (One word of warning because MyPhoneExplorer is free it will try to install a pile of crapwear as well. So make sure you use custom install, not typical. Make sure you untick those boxes!) PS I have no link with MyPhoneExplorer at all - it just did the job that HTC failed at so badly.

Reactions: sandozer
Upvote 0
Thanks for allowing me to finally get a sync on my Desire. The HTC software would not sync on my Win7 Ultimate laptop. I upgraded to latest issue, uninstalled all, reinstalled, hours wasted.

HTC your sync software IMO is pants :mad:

Myphonexplorer worked first time .. !!!

I did have to block junk from coming over including a dodgy DLL that Comodo picked up. I just followed your custom install pointer.

Jazzajon your the Man !!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones