HTC Sync Outlook woes

Last Updated:

1. jellied

jellied Member This Topic's Starter

It looks like several people having tales woe with HTC Sync issues.

I finally got HTC Sync working 2 nights ago and sync'd my contacts with no problems. Last night thought I'd sync. again and also try my calendar

Phone didn't find HTC Sync until I re-installed HTC sync. It worked fine, but then after a 3rd sync the PC and phone lost each other and didn't re-establish a link. I'm used to a Windows Mobile PDA that simply works - no messing around.

I use Outlook 2003, or at least a version that rules out using the free Google tools, if HTC Sync is this flaky I feel forced to buy something like SyncMyCal and go via Google for contacts/calendars.

It obviously works, but I am doing something that breaks the link? Running ActiveSync, having Outlook running etc?

Advertisement
  2. oldnick

oldnick Well-Known Member

Yes the HTC sync is shite. Convert to Google for your calander and contact, it's a 3 way sync between phone/pc/outlook

jellied likes this.
  3. jellied

jellied Member This Topic's Starter

Cheers - the original version of ActiveSync was flakey- but that was 5 years+ ago. It's worrying how bad HTC Sync.

A 3 way sync. sounds a pain - but I guess there is no option and just means I have to remember to run the syncmycal once in a while to keep everything in line. The advantage being that when using the laptop upstairs, in the garden, in my penthouse, i can still access a calendar on line.

SyncMyCall looks the best bet and the free version does work with my version of Outlook. Another $25 gone!