HTC Sync problem (yet another)!!

Last Updated:

1. sausage

sausage New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,
    I didn't think my first post would be of asking for help but here goes.
    Like many on here i use outlook for all my contacts and calender and when i've sync'ed in the past with my WinMo device it works flawlessly both ways and as it should.
    This is my first Android device (Desire) and i like it a lot but one thing that really bugs me is the rubbish sync between PC and the device and one thing i really need to work as it should.

All i want to do is to sync contacts and calender with a cable and not though google or some other cloud thingy where my info could be anywhere. When i create a new contact on the PC and sync, some of the details are missing on the phone especially with long addresses. Even some names are changed after the sync on the phone. It's like the contact handler on the phone can't handle too many fields.
    I have to resort in copying the address to the notes section in the contact as this is the only way it displays all the info. Is this a bug with the 2.1 and will it be fixed in 2.2, a bug with the HTC sync - or is it something i have to put up with.

Thanks in advance,

Advertisement
  2. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

That cut-off address is a pain, isn't it? I have no experience with stock (non-Sense) Android, but I'm told that this is a bug with the Sense interface. The only workaround I know for it is to tap the address to pull up a map with the address displayed, or to open an edit window.

3. sausage

sausage New Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah it's a right pain in having to tap the address like you say just just to be able to view it!! But i can live with that as i could use another contact manager. The main problem i have is the address isn't displayed properly, i.e. on the PC

"Number 10"
    10 Downing street,
    Westminster,
    London,
    SW1A 2AA

will probably be displayed
    as
    "Number 10"
    10 Downing St
    W
    London
    SW1A 2AA

on the phone.

It even took out the engineering services from "Daves engineering services ltd" and displayed that as Daves services L

It's really anoying as i don't know where the problem lies but it's more common on long address fields, The contact info on the PC shows correctly apart from the phone. If i use a different contact manager on the phone it pulls the incorrect info from the phone and displays that, so that's no use either??

Thanks,