• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Sync problem

I'm new to this forum, I hope I've got the correct one... I can get HTC Sync to work but I need to set the files to sync to my HTC Desire HD, When Sync loads up my device connects and the synchronizing begins automatically. Unfortunately it syncs the wrong contacts directory (I can't find the directory that is being sync'ed on my pc). How can I get the setup page so I can set up the correct contact directory? Any help would be appreciated..
Thanks, Harv

Upvote 0
I have the same problems with my HTC ChaCha. I have already problems with my SD-card, and therefore I recieved a new one. The store told me to sync my old one before changing it, but it doesn't work! The most annoying thing is that because the htcSync does not work on a Mac, I have to use my school computer, where I am not the admin... I have tried almost everything here, but it still does not work. Any other suggestions?

Upvote 0
I don't know if anyone here has tried, but this worked for me on windows 7 when I couldn't install the newest version of HTC sync through their automatic updating function (btw I couldn't get the older version to work before I did this). If you go to HTC's help website at http://www.htc.com/uk/help/ and select your phone, then go to the "News and Download" tab and download and install the newest version of HTC sync. Then open it; once it's opened and says that no device is connected, connect your phone and have it set to the "HTC sync" connection option. After a few minutes it should recognize the device and you should be able to sync your phone.

Upvote 0
Was the same issue: could not connect to htc sync (the phone wrote that there is no htc sync software on PC).

The PROBLEM was about firewall.
1. just exit your firewall;
2. need to set off USB debugging on the device;
3. set ON again the USB debugging on the device and wait few seconds - device will be recognized by the htc sync.

For me the problem was resolved. After that I just checked the firewall settings in detail and found where the issue was.

Reactions: D14
Upvote 0
I had this same exact problem. Drove me nuts. Read somewhere that there might be a conflict with iTunes. Fortunately, my iTunes is on an external hard drive. I unplugged it, reloaded the HTC Sync software and it booted right up with no errors. If you can somehow 'disable' iTunes, or disconnect any external hard drives, give it a shot. It might work for you like it did me. Good luck!!!

Upvote 0
I had this same exact problem. Drove me nuts. Read somewhere that there might be a conflict with iTunes. Fortunately, my iTunes is on an external hard drive. I unplugged it, reloaded the HTC Sync software and it booted right up with no errors. If you can somehow 'disable' iTunes, or disconnect any external hard drives, give it a shot. It might work for you like it did me. Good luck!!!

Thanks for your input, dont have itunes installed, so it aint that! :(

Upvote 0
I have a HTC Rhyme and I cannot get my HTC Sync to recognize my phone at all. I have disconnected my internet connection and that didnt work...I used my mount for my phone and that didnt work. I turned off my firewall and that didnt work. I downloaded the most up to date sync software and that still didnt work. Does anyone have any idea how to get this to work? its very fustrating

Upvote 0
A simple solution:

Right click the HTC Sync icon, then click "Run As Administrator"

Then plug in your phone (Make sure you have enabled "HTC Sync" as your default connection type in Connect to PC in your settings") and HTC Sync should recognize it. Then it should work!

Hope this helped :)

- lexmark245

P.S - (Optional but Recommended) Reboot your PC and device after you have finsihed installing HTC Sync.

Upvote 0
The PROBLEM was about firewall.
1. just exit your firewall;
2. need to set off USB debugging on the device;
3. set ON again the USB debugging on the device and wait few seconds - device will be recognized by the htc sync.

For me the problem was resolved. After that I just checked the firewall settings in detail and found where the issue was.

HTC synch appeared to stop for no apparent reason. It said no device connected and phone could not find it on PC. I tried reinstalling synch, changing drivers but this firewall problem was the issue and followed instructions above and all remedied. Still trying to locate actual firewall rule causing the problem.Thanks.

Upvote 0
My solution was disconnecting computer from the internet and the htc sync works flawlessly. Synced all my music and photos no problem!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!! I've been trying to get this to sync for the past 4 hours uninstalling, reinstalling, restarting... and all I had to do was hit the internet off button on my laptop!

Thanks for posting or I'd have been spending the next 4 hours on this as well

Reactions: charlienz
Upvote 0
It sounds like this HTC sync is as about as much use as Kies for Samsung phones. CR4P. Could not get it to work for love or money. So I tried myphoneexplorer. Works for my Galaxy Ace. Syncs Outlook contacts and calender. The notes syncs with MPE notes (not memos). Tasks do not work with outlook tasks, but I have not used it long, so maybe it is possible. In the settings, make sure you choose Outlook/personal folders. I want to try creating playlists in Kies, other than that, I think that I am going to uninstall Kies but keep the drivers that came with it.

Upvote 0
Plug your phone out and try reinstalling (modify) the htc sync. Windows should say it need to restart for the installation to take affect. when windows loads up plug the phone back in and it should try and read the driver from htc sync, hopefully all should be fine.

You may also have to mount the phone aswell.
Hi yall
I can see files on phone via Desire S by changing to Connect to PC via Disk Drive, but when in HTC Synch mode, no way Hose
Installed/uninstalled HTC synch more times than I can remember so please any guaranteed workaround?
Windows 7 64 bit but another HTC b4 this, worked!
Tried above, no good

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones