HTC sync problems.

Last Updated:

1. DesirableHTC

DesirableHTC Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there, i am in the process of trying to de-brand/flash my desire, but keep constantly coming up against the same problem, HTC sync. I open it on my PC then plug in my phone, set it to HTC sync and it tries to find htc sync on my PC, it always fails to do so, i have installed the latest HTC sync from HTC.com, tried changing USB ports but it always says that its unable to find htc sync on my PC..... I think this is the reason i am unable to make a gold card. So has anyone got any suggestions for me? I need this phone de-branding I cant believe what Orange UK have done to my phone!! The Internet icon is changed from the stock icon to their own orange world icon :mad: I want to be in a position to root my desire if HTC refuse to update to 2.2 without a gold card i cant do that, so please help if you can.

Thank you

Advertisement
  2. kilroy

kilroy Well-Known Member

To the best of my knowledge, you don't actually need HTC Sync to be working during the 'Root' process. You just flash using the recovery console.
    I couldn't get sync working after I rooted my Desire, but it worked after I installed the version of HTC sync left on my SD card after the root process was completed.

3. DesirableHTC

im not rooting it though, im just debranding it (or is that the same as rooting?) i need the HTC sync to make a gold card.

4. kilroy

kilroy Well-Known Member

Sounds like you are rooting it to me. You don't need sync to work for a gold card, you just need to select 'Hard Disk' on the phone when you plug the cable in. During the actual flashing of the ROM you won't be using HTC Sync either. You will just use a command prompt and the recovery console on the phone.

5. DesirableHTC

6. kilroy

kilroy Well-Known Member

Hmm, did you ever have it working properly (HTC Sync that is)? When I first installed mine, it wouldn't run unless Outlook was open for some reason. Uninstalling/reinstalling is about all I can suggest with this one. Good luck with it.

7. DesirableHTC

Thanks, i have tried uninstalling and re-installing, but to no avail.

8. duvl

duvl New Member

I had the same problem a few days ago and from memory the fix went along these lines:

Assuming windows op sys in prog & features are 2 HTC entries:
    1) htc driver installer ....mine is ver 207016 size 1.63 mb.
    2) htc sync... ver 2033 size 47.6 mb.

If you are not on sync ver 2033 uninstall old ver and obtain 2033 ver from htc support website and install. I imagine you have already done this and this also didn't work for me. If it installs correctly it should ask for a system reboot and then you will be good to go.

Assuming like me this didn't work:
    Uninstall only No 1 above ...the driver, then plug your htc via usb into pc.
    Windows at this point may find the correct driver for you and then call for a reboot etc. Good to go again.

If windows doesn't find the driver then still with the htc connected reboot pc and it should again search for correct driver and ask for a reboot.

It was something along those lines anyway. What you are looking for is after a correct installation a message asking you to reboot to complete configuration etc. Once you see that you should be set.

Fingers crossed.

Ian

9. m1nkeh

m1nkeh Member

htc sync is bollocks. i gave up with it on my 7 machine..

install it on XP and then debrand.,, worked a treat for me :)