HTC SYNC Problems

Last Updated:

1. hilstb

hilstb New Member This Topic's Starter

New to the HTC hero... my carrier said that htc hero is ready for the android 2.1 update but i downloaded the sync program, have it plugged into my computer and the sync program says im disconnected.... and i cant do anything with the sync program.

Advertisement
  2. ck4794

ck4794 Well-Known Member

the only thing i can think of is when you connect your phone, pull down the notification bar. where it says charging, or whatever it says "click" it, and there will be options. if your phone is set to "charging only" then that's all it will do and the computer will not recognize it as an actual device. it will simply act as a charger. there are options to sync, or only access the sd card similar to a thumb drive. hope this helps.

3. Twincam

Twincam Member

I too could not get the sync to work, i searched the forum and tried everything [really everything] that was mentioned and nothing.

So just as i was at my wits end i tried doing it on my laptop, which is actually technically better than my pc. This worked no problems, i was surprised, and updated my phone with no problems at all, alas being an orange customer it was not the andriod 2.1 update tho lol.

So if you have tried everything to get it to work, try using another pc or laptop, i know its not very practical but it worked for me.

4. robogo

robogo Well-Known Member

2.1 update is OTA, isn't it? Update it via wifi.

5. andand

andand New Member

HTC Sync can be touchy at the best of times. Restarting the phone while it is plugged in and the program is running usually helps. But it may take cycles of restarting both phone and computer. And then it suddenly works and you can't remember what combination might have triggered it. Note that using the original cable is better than an equivalent.

Google the problem for more detail.