HTC Sync + PUSH Exchange Server

Last Updated:

1. krohnjw

krohnjw Active Member This Topic's Starter

I understand that HTC Sync will allow for syncing with an exchange server (not just desktop client software). Can anyone confirm that it supports push email and not just periodic checking?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

(This is our 10,000th thread. ;) )

3. Fork

Fork New Member

Push email works just fine for me. I have my HTC Hero configured to connect to my Exchange 2007 server and as soon as I get an email via Exchange it is sent straight on to my HTC Hero.

4. krohnjw

krohnjw Active Member This Topic's Starter

Excellent - Thanks for the response. Not having used the SW I wasn't sure if push was an option or it relied on periodic checking.

5. tallelf78

tallelf78 Well-Known Member

is there any Push support for online IMAP/POP accounts (i.e. Hotmail, Gmail, etc...)

forgive me cause I don't know what technologies support instant email.

6. oktane

oktane New Member

Is there any way to get the notification area to show you a preview of the sender/subject of the incoming new email?

All I get is an email icon with "New email". I get hundreds of emails daily, and I don't need a notification to tell me I have a new email, since I can almost always assume that. What I'd like to see is the most recent email subject/sender, and perhaps the number of new emails that have arrived.

7. waql19192

waql19192 New Member

The same as mine. But I have to deal with the untrust certificate nearly everyday. Is there any option about always trust it or something? quite boring to press a sequence of confirm.

8. Fork

Fork New Member

I don't know if you can tell Android to always trust a self-signed certificate. My Exchange server has a properly-signed certificate installed so I don't have this issue.

GoDaddy do properly-signed certificates for $90 (I've found you need to buy the multiple-domain certificate for it all to work properly), but you can often get 30% off this using a GoDaddy coupon code.