1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Htc sync says my device isn't there?Support

1. peachy125

peachy125 Well-Known Member

Hi all, im completely baffled with my desire hd now and i have done a lot so far too. I have the desire hd with sense, doesn't sound like it has any sense to me though:D. Started off when i first plugged it in to my laptop, it was charging fine the drivers loaded apart from one that failed. With a bit of messing about trying loads of different things i learned i needed htc sync as i bought my phone used and with no cd or micro sd. I put a micro sd in it, went ahead and found the software i needed from htc site, downloaded and sure enough all the drivers loaded fine when i plugged my phone in. When i opened htc sync though it was telling me there is no device connected!

So please, any help on this would be very much appreciated. Thanks, Martin.

Advertisement
    :
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Is your device connected in HTC Sync mode? Via Settings -> Connect to PC, what's the default connection type?
  3. peachy125

Hi, when i open up htc sync on laptop i then plug in my desire and connect on the hard disc option. I have just changed it to the htc sync option as i plug the desire in (as you suggested) and it's now fully interacting with htc sync on the laptop. Everyone was telling me it had to be the disc drive option to mount the sd card?
    Just one other thing.....can i obtain updates this way now or change android version, as there doesn't seem to be any update option within htc sync? Sorry i'm a bit of a lightweight with this stuff, i'm just trying to learn all i can. Thanks for your help up to now, very much appreciated.

Martin...
  4. El Presidente

Updates are done on the phone itself, Settings -> About Phone -> Updates (or something similar). I know Samsung do their updates via their PC suite, Kies, but HTC do theirs over the air.

Any more questions, feel free to ask. :)
  5. peachy125

Hi, thanks for that. I went into my phone the way said, via settings > about phone, but there is no option at all for updates?
  6. El Presidente

Via that menu, but going to Software Information, is there a check for updates option?
  7. peachy125

Hi, it's a bit strange as i have been through them all and there is just no option for updates anywhere. I'm wondering if maybe it has been rooted or something and customised???
  8. El Presidente

What's your software & Android version?
    peachy125 likes this.
  9. peachy125

Android version is 2.3.5 HTC Sense version 3.0 Software number just says "Android revolution HD 6.3.2 by Mike1986".
  10. lucids

lucids Well-Known Member

menu->settings->about phone (scroll down to end of list)->software updates->check now (at the bottom of the screen when the phone has a internet connection, preferably wifi.)

But from the sound of it you have a rooted phone with a custom ROM so the option to update may not be available as that would most likely only be available for stock ROMs from the factory.
  11. Okay I have searched and searched and tried hundreds of different things with no luck. I have the EVO 4g lte and ordered off Amazon so no ad card. I downloaded htcsync from the site and htcsync manager when I plug my phone in the manager will recognize my phone but HTC sync won't. I have the sync on on my phone tried toggling debugging on and off deleted the htcsync and reloaded and still says no device detected. I'm up for suggestions. And in advance thank for all help and sorry if I'm on the wrong thread. And just and FYI I'm not being lazy I have searched.....might be ignorant, but not lazy.
  12. jamesoffice

jamesoffice Member

Same problem here

Have downloaded HTC Sync (not HTC Sync Manager) on my Sony Vaio running Windows 7.
    When I downloaded it I got an error message but HTC Sync IS installed and opens fine.

The HTC Desire HD connects fine via USB but when I go to 'HTC Sync' on the phone I get an error message on the phone saying 'unable to find HTC Sync on your pc' every time.

I have done updates on the phone but no change?

Anyone had/solved this problem?

Thanks
  13. jamesoffice

jamesoffice Member

Email from HTC:

My reply to HTC:

Getting bored of this now.
  14. sadaqat

sadaqat New Member

hi
    sadaqat here from pakistan. i am also having the problem about HTC Sync. also cant find option named Manage applications and HTC Sync does not appear to be on my handset at all? what to do now?
    Secondly how i can browse my SD card i only can access my card via gallery option . plz reply .
  15. lucids

lucids Well-Known Member

Go to google play and look for an app called astro, its a file manager app you can install the browse your files. There are many other similar apps also that do the same thing :)