HTC Sync Software

Last Updated:

1. DaddyCee

DaddyCee Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I installed the HTC Sync software from the root of the SD Card and it seriously slowed down my laptop. I checked and there was all kinds of new processes running one called logger.exe

Safe to say that I performed a system restore and all is back to normal.

Anyone else had any problems after installing the HTC Sync s/w?

I had my USB cradle attached but the phone was not in the cradle, so whether this made the thing go slow and screwy i dunno.

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

The only problem I've got with HTC sync is that it doesn't work.

3. asp2010

asp2010 Active Member

my HTC Sync wouldn't work either. it kept on giving some error message about an outlook folder. tried about 5 times with no result, until one day i decided to take a screen-shot and post it on the forums. guess what?! it worked :eek: i don't understand why, but it synced my phone contacts with outlook. i didn't have any calendar event in the phone to try (everything was on Google), but anyway it didn't show an error message or something :confused:

as for the performance issue, i didn't notice any, but i'm uninstalling the HTC Sync anyway, since i've transferred all of my contacts to Gmail.

4. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

I tried to get HTC Sync to work for several hours over the last few days. I read all the posts on this forum and attempted all the suggestions, such as changing phone settings, disable antivirus, try different USB ports, restart PC, reinstall HTC Sync, etc, etc, etc. Nothing worked. My PC wouldn't 'see' my phone in any way, even as an external drive.

Today I connected my Desire to my PC and it CONNECTED! I have absolutely no idea why! The last thing I did yesterday was uninstall HTC Sync (again!) and shut down my PC. I didn't have HTC Sync installed when I connected today and it appeared as an external drive. So I disconnected, installed HTC Sync and now it works perfectly!

Very confusing, especially considering that my SD card was formatted and didn't contain any factory supplied sync files.