htc sync stopped working - how I fixed itSupport

Last Updated:

1. speedilad

speedilad Member

:) It works again! WINXP OS - I have been using htc sync (to Outlook) on my incredible for about 1 month when htc sync stopped working. My Incredible would connect with my PC and I could use it as a drive, but HTC sync was not seeing the droid. Sync "Phone monitor options" showed no phone, "Synchronize now" and "Sync Manager" were not active (the icons or under the file menu). First I tried a windows restore and that did not help. I tried uninstalling HTC sync, rebooting and then installing from the droid and that did not work. I tried uninstalling and downloading HTC_Sync_2.0.33.exe (newer version) from the HTC web site. Installed it and that did not work. No matter what I tried, HTC sync would run, but not recognize the phone.. I spent hours and a lot of frustration trying to get it to work.. I searched the web for solutions and tried everyone I found with no success... :);):rolleyes:THE SOLUTION: My fix was simply to do a soft reset. To perform a soft reset, remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, and then re-install it. After re-installing the battery, turn on the phone... PROBLEM FIXED (HTC SYNC recognized my phone again). You might end up with duplicates when you do the sync. I deleted all my people "contacts" in my Incredible and then did HTC sync repair (copy PC to phone option) GOOD LUCK!

Advertisement
    randalldavis likes this.
  2. Kave2u

Kave2u New Member

This issue has agitated me to the end. I tried the soft reset you suggested. It didn't work for me. Got another suggestion?

Thanks, Kave