HTC Sync timezone issue?Support

Last Updated:

1. Stormbringer318

Stormbringer318 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Folks,

I'm using HTC Sync to sync my Outlook contacts to my Hero...

The contacts sync as expected but everytime I perform the sync the time on my Hero is set 30mins forward which would correspond with the time in the eastern states of Australia.

I've checked the timezones on my PC & Hero and they are set correctly.

I've scoured the net for fixes but haven't found a fix for this annoying issue. I did discover that in a previous version of HTC Sync you could set the timezone within HTC Sync during the installation if it detected a mismatch, but I wasn't presented with the option to set it to get it's time from the PC...

Can anyone shed some light on the issue or perhaps fill me in on how to let HTC Sync know what timezone it should be working from...I suspect that might be the issue.

Thanks...

Advertisement
  2. peterc10

peterc10 Well-Known Member

I thought all time zones were in 1 hour steps. However having checked the timezones on my Hero I see that there are some with half hour steps, including Adelaide. You never stop learning! But that must be a real pain to live with!

Have you got the automatic box ticked for date and time, which uses settings from your airtime provider's network. Maybe try switching off if it is on, or vice versa?

3. Stormbringer318

Stormbringer318 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the reply peterc10...yeah it has been a pain in the you know what!

I've tried the following things...
    - Checking & unchecking the automatic box for date and time;
    - Uninstalling/reinstalling HTC Sync; and
    - Uninstalling/reinstalling HTC Sync and setting a bogus timezone on the Hero in the hope it will pop up its timezone correction window.

Apparently this was an issue in a previous release of HTC and now is a key feature in the latest version...

I've logged a support call with HTC...will post any outcomes...

In the meantime I've remove HTC Sync from my "production" laptop & replaced it with Companionlink for Google which syncs my contacts to google...

4. YV35 Desire HD

YV35 Desire HD New Member

This is my 3rd HTC phone and I can't believe I've never noticed this. Hopefully you have the same issue. Manually setting your time will never fix the sync issue.
    Look closely at the different time zones in your settings. I live in Nova Scotia, CAN so my time zone is Atlantic GMT -4:00.

Real World Time Zones HTC Time Zones
    Atlantic GMT -3:00 Atlantic GMT -4:00
    Eastern GMT -4:00 Eastern GMT -4:00
    Central GMT -5:00 Central GMT -5:00
    Mountain GMT -6:00 Mountain GMT -6:00
    Pacific GMT -7:00 Pacific GMT -7:00

Hold and behold the geniuses at HTC made a MINOR mistake.
    You should see my messaging conversations with friends in the Eastern time zone, all their messages come in one hour behind, quite annoying...