HTC Sync Un/Install problems and solution

Last Updated:

1. pb_red

pb_red New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, just wanted to share my very frustrating experience with HTC Sync with the hopes that this will help someone searching for a solution to a similar problem. This was on Windows 7 x64 + HTC Sync v2.0.33

I got my Sync into a weird state where it wasn't working so I decided to reinstall it. Many apps are smart enough to shut everything down, uninstall the old app for you, and re-install the new one. HTC Sync is not one of those...

So after trying a few things I was not able to re-install because the old installation was still there and I was not able to uninstall the HTC driver because of:
    "Product: HTC Sync -- Error 1722.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package."

So I searched and searched and finally found the following:
    HTC Sync -- Error 1722 - HTC Drivers install/remove failure - General Android Forum - Android Forums - HTC Community

However, I had to find and remove, not fix, the "Transforms" key in:
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\{GUID} (you have to search for "HTC" to find out what that GUID is.

After doing that I was able to uninstall the HTC driver from the Control Panel.

Finally, I was able to re-install everything and now Sync is working fine :)

Advertisement