• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Sync...Very Basic and poor second to Nokia

@lekky True, but that doesn't always matter.

@asphyxsia There is a difference. Your PC is already powered up, converting the AC power to DC power. If you plug a charger into the wall, it's powering up another AC/DC inverter. OK, it's not going to save the world, but every little helps.

Your PC will simply draw more amps, thus more power whilst you charge.

Yes your PC is getting it's power, but the more it does, the more it will use. You';; use more power than a dedicated charger. ;)

Upvote 0
Back onto topic, I've decided to give synchronising with Google Calendar a go. I won't be synchronising contacts via Gmail until Google adds first name and surname, but I don't meet new people that I want to stay in contact with that often, so synchronising contacts frequently isn't that important. I still wish the Desire would synchronise tasks and notes, but never mind.

Anyway, my problem is that I have a lot of diary entries in the PC Sync calendar. I know that I could simply select not to display them, but I'd rather delete them. Is there an easy way to do this without having to delete them one-by-one? I can't find anything in the calendar settings.

Deleting them does mean that they'll be deleted from Outlook if I decide to synchronise the calendar via USB, but I'll just make sure this option is unticked when I synchronise my contacts.

By the way, another advantage of Palm's HotSync years ago is that I can synchronise using Bluetooth and Infra-red as well as USB. It would be nice if my Desire could synchronise with Outlook over wi-fi.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones