• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC-Sync via bluetooth?

I wasn't impressed using HTC Sync when I got my Desire HD so I now use a combination of a) MyPhoneExplorer for syncing contacts/calendar and b) just having the PC mount my SD card and then dragging and dropping the rest.

With a) I connect via wifi .....

Dave

+1 for MyPhoneExplorer

The SonyEricsson version of MyPhoneExplorer supports Bluetooth.
Maybe in future the Android version wll do it too :)

For me MyPhoneExplorer connecting via WiFi works fine too :)

Harry

Upvote 0
I tried MyPhoneExplorer and it couldn't handle oddball recurring appointments. Annual birthdays and anniversaries were okay, but an appointment I have for the second Sunday of every month didn't show up at all, nor did regular ones that I had modified one or more occurrences of.

I would like to use it over HTC Sync, if the recurrence problems could be fixed.

Upvote 0
I tried MyPhoneExplorer and it couldn't handle oddball recurring appointments. Annual birthdays and anniversaries were okay, but an appointment I have for the second Sunday of every month didn't show up at all, nor did regular ones that I had modified one or more occurrences of.

I would like to use it over HTC Sync, if the recurrence problems could be fixed.

Go over to the MPE forums and check things out there. Plus I know that Android has an issue with recurring appts. and changing just one of them. See ... Issue 2229 - android - Calendar: Deleting one instance of a recurring event (excluding), results in duplication of it. - Project Hosting on Google Code ... for a bug that's been around forever. If Google are serious about attracting business users in particular then issues like these need to be sorted out.

dave

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones