HTC SyncGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Tiny65

Tiny65 Member This Topic's Starter

Small problem with Sync.

I loaded it up and got it working on the 25th and was able to sync my info to my new DHD with no problems.

I made some updates to my Outlook contacts and wanted to sync the changes, hooked up the phone and Sync recognized it but it would not allow me to select "People" so I could do this....everything was grayed out to include the calendar.

Has anyone run across this or am i doing something wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

I did have some success with HTC Sync and Outlook when I first tried but not 100%. I now use MyPhoneExplorer. Syncs contacts, calendar, files etc etc And the developer has a forum where he answers queries fairly quickly.

Dave

Tiny65 likes this.
  3. Tiny65

Thanks Dave, will try it.

OBTW, I've sent a message to the HTC Support team about this to see what they have to say....

4. alane

alane Member

HTC responded to the same query from me with:
    "At this moment in time, we are running tests on Outlook 2010 64b as it appears it has synchronisation problems with HTC Sync. This maybe the main reason why you are having problems. "

Not very good if you have an uptodate Outlook and the phone won't synch.
    WTF, why isn't the 'new' phone synching with the 'not so new' Outlook?
    Pity they don't highlight this BEFORE you buy the phone.:mad:

5. Alex Taylor

Alex Taylor Well-Known Member

you want to sync your Android HTC with PC - am I right?

6. redshark313

redshark313 Active Member

I had a problem with htc sync damaging my outlook contacts (changing the Display as field for peoples email addresses) which then meant I couldn't email them after sync'ing. htc replied to my email query saying that I should uninstall htc sync from my pc and then re-install. Even though it was the same version this did fix my problem (I'm running outlook 64-bit with win 7). May be try this?

7. Alex Taylor

Alex Taylor Well-Known Member

it could be another build of the previous version (with this bug already fixed) - that's why it worked for you.

8. Tiny65

Still no joy with the HTC Sync SW. I've downloaded "MyPhoneExplorer" and have successfully used it with Contacts, for some reason unable to sync the pictures.

HTC did respond with some hints and tips, none worked...

I would rather use the program that is native to the phone instead of 3rd party so will try some more stuff this weekend.....

9. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

I never use contact pictures so can't comment but take a look over at the MPE forums ( FJ Software :: Forum anzeigen - English section ) and search for contact pictures or similar. I'm sure you'll find your answer there.

I can understand you saying that but I'd rather use something that just works. So far it does, and more reliably and with more control than HTC Sync.

Dave

10. Tiny65

@Dave, I agree with something that works and will continue to use "MyPhoneExplorer" until I can get HTCsync to work on a regular basis....

Also, I'll check out the site to see if there is something I'm doing wrong....