HTC Sync

Last Updated:

1. bartjunited

bartjunited Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ive downloaded the latest HTC Sync verson & tried to connect the N1 to it.
    Using W7 on the laptop which recognises the device & installs drivers, however I dont get a HTC Sync icon on the phone & the app on the laptop doesnt recognise it either. I even enabled USB debugging but no luck.

has anyone managed to do this as i wanna sync it with outlook for my contacts

Advertisement
  2. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Apparently N1 does not support HTC Sync at all (maybe someone willl say I'm wrong?).

Easiest way is to Export the Outlook contacts directory you want to use as a CSV file and then go into Gmail/Contacts and import it. The contact should then appear on your phone in seconds.

The whole process takes just a couple of minutes.

3. bartjunited

bartjunited Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks for that

problem i have is that when i used the Google Sync method to sync my contacts on my hero i found that during Synching with Gmail that gmail downsized any pictures that i had for my contacts.

This meant that i would set up my contacts with decent pics & they would look fine yet when they sync'd with gmail that would look pixelated & crap so i stopped using this method on my hero & just used HTC Sync & outlook

4. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Can't comment on that as I sync my contacts from Outlook without pictures and then connect most of them to Facebook so the phone uses those contact pictures.

I can't see an easier way of doing this on the N1. Maybe transfer by SIM and then add pictures - sounds a bit fiddly...

I think the N1 is Google's way of forcing the customer to use their internet services - such as Gmail in this case.