HTC syncSupport

Last Updated:

1. petezach91

petezach91 New Member This Topic's Starter

So for the past couple days I've been trying to sync my Magic to HTC sync, but my computer can't seem to find the phone. In the notification bar it says "USB Connected, Slect to copy files to/from your computer".
    When I select that notification, my computer can only find the SD card.
    Does anyone know what i'm doing wrong? All i'm trying to do is do the Mandatory Update (Canada), but it doesn't seem to be working.

Advertisement
  2. AceFive

AceFive New Member

I am having the same problem. Any help would be appreciated or if there is already a thread please post?

3. AceFive

AceFive New Member

UPDATE:

I ran the same situation on my vista laptop and voila. It worked. Before I was running it on my Windows 7 and it was not working. Maybe try a Windows Vista or XP?

4. petezach91

petezach91 New Member This Topic's Starter

I was on Vista the whole time, but I ended up uninstalling everything, including the driver, and restarting the whole process.
    The second time it worked, so I feel like there may have been something wrong with our drivers the first time.

5. Sc13nt1f1c

Sc13nt1f1c New Member

Hi guys,

I had the same issue with my HTC Magic and I found a solution.

Windows Vista.

Make sure the phone is connected.

GOTO Start menu and right click on COMPUTER and choose PROPERTIES a window will open look to the left and click DEVICE MANAGER, once the device manager is open look for an entry labled HTC DREAM right click this entry then click uninstall, unplug the phone and then plug it in again.

It could be other drivers that have been loaded, but I have only had the issure with the HTC DREAM drivers loading.

This should then load the correct driver, you can go back the device manager to check.

Hope this helps you guys out.