HTC Sync

Last Updated:

1. TranceX

TranceX New Member This Topic's Starter

I have problem to sync with HTC Hero. When i conect to USB nothing happends. Any idea?

Advertisement
  2. jaybea830802

jaybea830802 Well-Known Member

I had similar problems. I newer version of HTC Sync worked for me. See posting here for a link to it.

J

3. slaguru

slaguru Member

Make sure that you do not have the SD card already mounted.

4. ripkord

ripkord Well-Known Member

I'm having the same problem, can get the device recognized ok in windows 7 (64 bit) and have the updated drivers from the link on this site but htc sync doesnt see the phone at all :(

5. nospamjl

nospamjl Member

As the previous poster said, if you have it mounted (ie. you can see a drive letter with the SD card) it won't work. Make sure it's unmounted...

6. ripkord

ripkord Well-Known Member

Was unmounted, I got round it bt synching my contracts from my iphone to my PC then PC to google contracts. Job done.

7. franners

franners Well-Known Member

Reboot your Hero and it should work. I have had this a few times. Connect USB and only SD card mount option appears - no sync option.

Alternatively do a factory reset (settings -> security) and it should work. Mine now syncing well with Outlook for contacts and calendar.

8. kccl

kccl New Member

i had this problem but it was fine after a manufacture reset (although that didnt solve my earphone jack problem).

9. pinch

pinch New Member

HTC sync is not working at all for me.

Drivers installed correctly, windows (XP SP 3) finds “my hero” when I plug it in the usb, I can mount and unmount the SD card, but HTC sync is stone dead.

Tried booth versions of HTC sync, but they do not work at all.

This is the sort of basic thing that just simply should work, plug it in and it should be up and running.

:mad:

10. Tademero

Tademero New Member

Had the same problem. I discovered that the drivers were stored in a different folder than they should be. The install wizard stored them under C:\Programfiler\HTC\HTCDriver\Driver Files\XP_x86, while the sync proram searched C:\Program Files\...

Solved it by making similar folders (empty) under C:\Program Files, and then copying the XP_x86 folder with all its contents to the C:\....\Driver Files

If you don't use english language on your computer, you might want to check if you have a similar problem.

Also, check that you havent accidentally turned off the PC Synchronisation app on your phone. Reboot (turn off and on) your phone to be sure.

Good luck!

11. Dem

Dem Well-Known Member

Sync stopped working on mine. Just pulled out the battery on mine, replaced it immediately, and Sync got going again!

12. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Regarding sync of contacts. I don't seem to be able to do it without losing the facebook function of the contacts in the Hero. I have to go through them and tell it which Facebook friend they are again. Anyone else seen this?

13. mokum

mokum New Member

When im tryin to insall HTC sync this pops up: ERROR XP_x86 could not be found ! i dont know what to do ..plz some help maybe...!!

14. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

What OS are you using, Windows XP/Vista/7? HTC released an updated version of HTCSync a few days ago (v2.0.8 I believe) which might help.

15. mokum

mokum New Member

Im using xp, i tried to update but it didnt work and now i cant uninstall HTC driver because the xp_x86file is missing. Why all this problems.

16. Slug

I'm not sure (yet) what's happening, but I downloaded the v2.0.8 HTCSync installer (which confusingly isn't available from the Hero downloads section even though it's described as for that device!), dug out my old laptop running 32-bit WinXP SP3 and it installed without issues.

XP_x86 is actually the driver folder created during installation. The full path by default is "C:\Program Files\HTC\HTC Driver\Driver Files\XP_x86". If the XP_x86 folder is missing, try creating it yourself and re-running the installation program. This might then copy the required files into place.

17. greg.d

greg.d New Member

I'm getting the same issue as the OP.

Connect USB and the phone does not give me the option to connect to HTC sync. It worked the first time round and I synced all my contacts etc, but wont work at all now.

18. Norwegianpiglet

Norwegianpiglet Active Member

Slug - you were spot on with the files! Thank you so much! I think the HTC Sync was getting confused with my laptop being Norwegian and having double set of Program files. Copied the WP_x86 into the Norwegian one and hey presto! Now as to whether to download the G2 ROM upgrade and sync it to the phone!

19. mokum

mokum New Member

It dosnt work to install htc sync, the xp_x86 file is where it should be, so i dont know what to do, my os is in Swedish Do i need to reinstall xp in english? Do i need the htc sync to update my hero? I need to update my hero...

20. Slug

Are there any files inside the XP_x86 folder?

21. mokum

mokum New Member

Hi. Yes There is some files inside the map, like 5 or 6 i think, Im not by my computer right now so i cant give you any details rights now. Do i need the sync to work to update my hero ?

22. Slug

Sounds as if the driver files actually copied across in that case. When you connect the handset to the PC, does Device Manager show "Android Devices" with "My HTC Hero" beneath it?

Not HTCSync itself, but the drivers must be correctly installed.

23. Norwegianpiglet

Norwegianpiglet Active Member

I think we have the same problem, Mokum, as we both have Scandinavian OS (mine is Norwegian). I too found that the file was where I thought it should be, but in the original OS Scandinavian file Programfiler, as opposed to the English file Program files. I think the installer looks for it there and consequently comes up with the XP_x86 error.

-Go To My Computer

-Double click on the C drive

-In there you will likely have one folder Programfiler (scandinavian) and one Program Files (English)

-Go in to Programfiler

-Find the HTC file

-Copy entire HTC file into Program Files

-Run HTC Sync install again, choose repair or reinstall (I did repair

This worked for me. I am no techie, but give it a go, and let me know how you got on.

Good luck with the ROM upgrade. I am going to wait for the Eclair as T Mobile users have own-branded Hero's that seem to have had more problems than I like. On the other hand, the phone definitely has a lag issue that needs updating to a smoother version.