HTC Synch issueSupport

1. smurph1

smurph1 Well-Known Member

Over 3 years, I am now on my 3rd HTC, and haven't yet had to use HTC Synch, but now having isues with phone and need to back it up.
    But, I connect to PC (win7) and it fails to be recognised by HTC Synch (latest version 3.2.20).
    Although I get two auto windows when plugged in, both with no option for HTC Synch.
    Also, and I see this mentioned everywhere else, i get the USB connection symbol and the USB debugginbg symbol (which I keep unselecting and trying to turn off, but re-appears upon every connection) - is this necessary, and if not how do i kill it?

Advertisement
    :
  2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Well-Known Member

I know that there was an issue with HTC Sync and 64bit W7. I never did manage to solve the issue - HTC blew me off when I raised it with them.

In the end I got Android Sync Manager which lets me sync contacts and calendar over WiFi. It's not great, but it works. The HTC tool was better .. when it worked.
    El Presidente likes this.
  3. smurph1

Ta for info....great! Both my work & home PC are win7-64bit!!
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Try MyPhoneExplorer too. It's pretty good at doing what HTC Sync is supposed to.
  5. smurph1

I downloaded new version, even though current version being used said there were no new updates, and post instalklation it then found all media on my PC, something I didn't want nor don't want.....and haven't dared use it for synching, as I have no idea what it may do.....HELP!
  6. marijohn

marijohn New Member

I use Snap Pea. I find it great to edit contacts, and sort out music and photos.
  7. seesunmoon

seesunmoon Member

mine never worked