HTC synchronize with microsoft outlook NOT Possible

Last Updated:

1. khalpay

khalpay Member This Topic's Starter

Dear friends,
    HTC sync programme only recognize and synchronize the PEOPLE who are entered under " PHONE " section while opening contact card.

I have hundreds of contacts appearing under " Google account section "

I can not remove them to the PHONE section therefore I can not synchronize to microsoft outlook.

I have tried to back up as VCF file by using
    HTC menu - Home-- People -- Import/Export to SD card ; it does 2 back-up file
    1- for People section ( 33 people )
    2- for google account section ( 348 people )

I tried to import this VCF file to the microsoft outlook but google account Vcf can not accepted by the programme only gives 1 person address card, in fact while backing up I have seen 348 people have been backed up.

Pls help me , how to back up my people all of them to the microsoft outlook safely.

appreciate for yr kind help
    hasan/turkey

Advertisement
  2. auswill

auswill Member

Id say the easiest way would be to go into Gmail via PC browser - export all your contacts to a csv file, then import into outlook.
    You will still have the problem of duplicate phone / google contacts though. Id recommend sticking to 1 main source - less headaches.
    I used to sync with outlook - gave up on that - my main source is now Gmail.

3. khalpay

khalpay Member This Topic's Starter

dear auswill

I could not understand " to go into Gmail via PC browser - export all your contacts to a csv file, then import into outlook."

Can you pls instruct how to do " go into Gmail via PC browser " ??

thanks alot
    hasan

4. auswill

auswill Member

You mentioned you have heaps of contacts under Google so I assumed you have a gmail account. If so, log into gmail like you would normally do, go to CONTACTS, and export.