HTC Tattoo available for Pre-order now , Expected 8th October

Last Updated:

1. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Phandroids ,

Just noticed the HTC Tattoo is available for Pre-order now on Vodafone UK and is expected to be in buyers hands 8th October

Clicky

This makes it the UK's first Android Budget phone , But to be quite honest it's not very "budgety" from VF being the Phone is available free on a 2 year Contract with plans starting from

Advertisement
  2. vitaly_il

vitaly_il New Member

I was sure that HTC Tattoo will be released with <$300 tag as promised and I'll buy it, but now I see that Tattoo costs more or less as HTC Hero (==T-Mobile G2 Touch, right?).

So I'm looking for your suggestions - which Android phone to buy - Tattoo/Hero or something else?

3. Carl C

Hi Vitaliy_il and Welcome to AF forums :D

Personally I own a HTC Magic {AKA..... , MyTouch3G, Sapphire} and I love it , Android is quite simply awesome. The only real difference between say a HTC Magic and Hero is the Type of Android. The hero has a nicely designed UI called Sense. Theirs various Videos on it and it is quite popular.

Just one thing though , The HTC Tattoo {if I'm correct} was suppose to be the First Android "Budget phone". So its suppose to be cheap , One problem is that the Tattoo has a resistive screen instead of a capacitative screen which I beleive to be more Accurate and nice to glide along.

So really , I would Go for the G2 or the Hero. A good recommendation is too go to a phone store and ask to test it out or see if they have a display model. Worth checking out before buying.

If you need anything else , Just ask!

Carl C :)

4. vitaly_il

vitaly_il New Member

Carl, thank you for your prompt answer!

As far as I see, Tattoo is ~ $500 now instead of promised <$300. :-(
    So I don't see any sence to think about it.

According to gsmarena, both Hero and T-Mobile G2 Touch have Sense UI. So I'll continue to this direction.

PS: I'm working for Vringo (vringo.com), which develops video ringtones social network, so we have hundreds mobile devices for QA. But even our mobile gurus don't fully understand differences between all HTC/T-Mobile brand names...

5. Carl C

Vitaly_il , Just to clarify it goes like this

T-mobile G1 = HTC Dream

T-mobile G2 = HTC Hero

T-mobile MyTouch3G = HTC Magic , Sapphire

Hope this helps!

Carl C ;)

6. vitaly_il

vitaly_il New Member

thank you very much!