• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Tattoo Playlist error?

inctor

Lurker
Jul 7, 2010
Hi all Android Fans.

Im guessing this an Android related issue, and not phone-specific issue.

When i add new songs to my HTC Tattoo Android Phone, it correctly adds the songs to the list in the standard Music Player.

But when i delete songs from the phone through USB-connection, the songs stays on the playlist, even though they dont exist.

This has resulted in a playlist of over 400 songs, which only 40 of them actually works..

Is there any way to force a renew on the playlist so i can get a "clean" playlist?

Sincerely,
Mads J.

This works on my HTC Eris, perhaps it will work on yours also.
Open the music player, go to the song list (not albums or artists). Menu > shuffle and > play all. After the first song plays go back to your song list and (hopefully) it will have cleared the deleted songs.

The same fix work for when you add songs via USB that don't show up in the player list.

I THINK that choosing play all and shuffle forces the player to review the available songs, and therefore update the list.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones