• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC ThunderBolt hands-on, new pictures and specs!

There's been so much speculation about this phone and this just continues to add to the hype... Hopefully the final specs will equal the much anticipated speculation surrounding it

The final specs arent anything near what was being hyped although this phone still looks awesome but with all the other new phones coming out unless they release this soon I dont think it will do as good as it could have

Upvote 0
google nav download is fine but no hdmi matters to some people.

I recorded 2 of my kids christmas programs at school on my incredible. I had to transfer them over to my archos 70 and use the hdmi out to play them on the tv for the family.

I would have preferred an hdmi out on my phone to skip the transfer step.

Upvote 0
I've loved my Eris, but this is going to be too tempting to pass up. I'm hoping I can get my hands on this bad boy by the end of the month. I really won't mind if the specs don't match up to the most insane rumors (dual core, 16gb internal and up to 128gb microsd, hdmi out etc...) The bottom line is I want something to replace my intro-to-android device (that has served me well mind you) and this fits the bill.

Plus, like others, I've discovered that Sense is a dealbreaker for me. If it doesn't have it, I dont want it. I even had a coworker with a galaxy s play with my Eris recently and comment, "man, your UI is way better than mine." The Thunderbolt is going to be my next phone.

Upvote 0
The final specs aren't anything near what was being hyped although this phone still looks awesome but with all the other new phones coming out unless they release this soon I don't think it will do as good as it could have
Agreed 100% - I'm not sure if the much hyped "Thunderbolt" will be only a slight whimper based on some of the specs of new devices being posted from CES

Reactions: ckochinsky125
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones