• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Thunderbolt Problem With OTA Software Update May 10, 2012

mjandroid

Lurker
Jul 31, 2010
My last resort!!! I have talked to HTC and Verizon numerous times and have done 9 hard resets today.

When I touch the People Icon (contacts) and select someone to email - it defaults to my pop 3 account NOT my Gmail Account. How do I get Gmail to be the default once again for contacts? No one seems to be able to help me. Any ideas?

My last resort!!! I have talked to HTC and Verizon numerous times and have done 9 hard resets today.

When I touch the People Icon (contacts) and select someone to email - it defaults to my pop 3 account NOT my Gmail Account. How do I get Gmail to be the default once again for contacts? No one seems to be able to help me. Any ideas?

Go into your app drawer, then go to your mail icon, hit menu, then More options, then settings. It should show you your gmail account in the list, select it, then hit general settings, and check the box for set as default account

Upvote 0
I'm having the same issue. Completed the OTA Update this morning.

I have my Gmail account set up with the Gmail App. My work email is set up in the native email app via Exchange Server.

When I go into contacts and select a person to email, I open the contact info and touch the email address I want to email them at. The native email app is opened instead of the Gmail App. It provides a drop down option to switch to whichever account you wish to send the email from, but this is only for accounts setup in the native email app.

I've cleared the data under Setting, Applications, Manage Applications for the Gmail App. Nothing seems to work...

Upvote 0
Thank you all for your advice. I found a solution on my own that works - however the Thunderbolt acts differently now. It actually was very easy to change the default - (with no help from htc or verizon I might add).

Goto settings/applications/App associations and tap on Email Address. You can change the default back to Gmail.

First problem solved.

New problem as a result -

Before the update - when I used EMAIL - and wanted to compose an email - a box came up with an option to use gmail or email. This was very convenient as Gmail is for business and Email is for personal use and I liked having the option. NOW, with Gmail as the Default I don't have that choice. All personal email is sent through Gmail. This is unacceptable.

Any advice?

Upvote 0
Thank you all for your advice. I found a solution on my own that works - however the Thunderbolt acts differently now. It actually was very easy to change the default - (with no help from htc or verizon I might add).

Goto settings/applications/App associations and tap on Email Address. You can change the default back to Gmail.

First problem solved.

New problem as a result -

Before the update - when I used EMAIL - and wanted to compose an email - a box came up with an option to use gmail or email. This was very convenient as Gmail is for business and Email is for personal use and I liked having the option. NOW, with Gmail as the Default I don't have that choice. All personal email is sent through Gmail. This is unacceptable.

Any advice?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones