HTC to release software update/patch next week for....EVO?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. Marlboro

Marlboro Active Member This Topic's Starter

HTC Evo Getting Minor Software Update Next Week?

"A Sprint source has leaked to BGR that the HTC Evo will mostly likely be getting a software update on June 28th. The update would bring improved Wi-Fi (802.11n, we're guessing), fix Exchange issues and repair a battery-draining problem with the official Facebook app. Why Sprint continues to have their Nascar app run in the background of all Evos at all times, we still don't know."

First, I do realize EVO is Sprint, however, HTC is releasing the update. The Incredible has been out longer and we've been aware of "issues" from the beginning. I sure wish theyd have taken care of the Incred problems before taking care of problems with a phone that was released after the Incredible.

Sure maybe the hold up is Verizon and not HTC but who knows. Its still irritating to see something like this and still have no idea when we are getting are software patch/update.

Advertisement
  2. Divine_Madcat

Divine_Madcat Well-Known Member

To be fair, the article mentions nothing about the Inc either way. In this case, the person who got the info was purely interested in the Evo, and had no reason to ask about the Inc. People here have been asking, and received acknowledgements that HTC is working on a fix, so i wouldn't worry too much.

3. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

This is Sprint-independent, so it doesn't hold any weight for us, good or bad.

4. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

We got the "Exchange update" over a month ago. I don't know when you got your phone, but my guess is you got your phone shipped with the update already installed if you got in June.

5. Marlboro

Marlboro Active Member This Topic's Starter

Okay. I didnt mean to sound like a whiner. My initial reaction was just irritation that any sort of patch update coming out for a phone that was released after ours. I shouldve taken into account other things.

6. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

Nahhh don't apologize, it actually does seem like the Incredible doesn't get any love!! ;)

7. DarkNeo

DarkNeo Well-Known Member

: (

8. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

I'm just happy to see HTC actually supporting a phone in a timely manner. I stopped watching dates. When it comes, it comes

9. neoshi

neoshi Well-Known Member

That's what sh... he said. :p

10. Jordus

Jordus Well-Known Member

Verizon was always way WAY behind on their WebOS updates, sprint always had them weeks or months ahead. If any incredible updates are being held, its likely Verizons doing.

But the Evo is also HTC's flagship phone at the moment, so i'd expect them to want to remove as much bad press as possible in a timely manner.

11. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

They need to take advantage while the almighty iPhone is not working properly. It's obvious this is the biggest competitor to that phone. The incredible is nolonger new so updates will probably be slower.

12. cesjr02

cesjr02 Well-Known Member

Battery drain with the facebook app? Is this an issue, I have not noticed or heard of it in the forums.

13. coolguy949

coolguy949 Well-Known Member

No grounding issue fix??

14. ramonini

ramonini Well-Known Member

15. beano52

beano52 Well-Known Member

Appology accepted lol. Hey bro, I can feel your pain and hope the Incred. issues are fixed also.

16. cesjr02

cesjr02 Well-Known Member

A wifi fix is well welcomed. But what about the fix for the supposed "grounding issue?"

Also remove the 30FPS cap! <~~~ this probably won't ever happen. At least not until 2.2

Otherwise I'm happy :)

17. J03

J03 Well-Known Member

18. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member

19. Kelita

Kelita Well-Known Member

I saw somewhere around here yesterday that if you turn off syncing facebook, both in the settings and in the app itself, it will save your battery life and I have to admit it works! I turned off syncing in both places and today, after ~6 hours, I still have 71% battery life left. :D By this time, I'm usually charging it again.

I hope the HTC fix works so I can turn my syncing on again but like others have said, if we need it, just go into the app and refresh it manually.

20. ramonini

ramonini Well-Known Member

yea it is a data hog .. right now i got 3,387,654KB of data .. and im not a heavy user of my phones internet .. lol no wonder my batter dying quicker now ..

21. J03

J03 Well-Known Member

Yea but it's a stock app and most evo owners don't know any better so it would be a smart move on their part to fix it before they get fed up with their battery life within 30 days.

22. freeza

freeza Well-Known Member

can't wait for the update! I wonder if it is flashable with a custom rom :)

23. thaprinze

thaprinze Well-Known Member

It's not Facebook. It's using more data because your phone has a Snapdragon processor, 4.3" screen & a kickstand.

:p

24. RiverOfIce

RiverOfIce Banned

I doubt the wifi N will be included. I really doubt it. It was not in the fcc filings. Which means they would have to do the fcc rating.

25. ArtGuy

ArtGuy Well-Known Member

I knew that kickstand was gonna cause trouble. It's the root of all EVO! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.