HTC Touch Input Keyboard - TRY IT!Tips

Last Updated:

1. cvam1985

cvam1985 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Seriously - this keyboard is light years ahead of the default virtual qwerty.

I bought the Moment for the hard qwerty and absolutely love it, but hated to have to open the phone for each and every little thing due to the god-awful virtual keyboard.

Installing HTC's Touch Input was the best decision I've made. It's super responsive and typing is almost as easy as with the iPhone. I use the T9 numeric as opposed to the full qwerty. There's also a compact qwerty if that's your thing (Blackberry-esque)

It's not on the Market AFAIK, but a quick google search will show you where it is. Even has a calibration tool! This + Handcent = SMS Bliss :D

Advertisement
  2. LincKraker

LincKraker Well-Known Member

If you're looking for the files and instructions they can be found **EDIT**

MOD EDIT: The HTC Keyboard is property of HTC, and is not for use on any phone other than which it is supplied. Linking to the files is not permitted on this forum.

3. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

It was fine when I tried it a few weeks ago, but it wasn't very stable. I kept getting force close requesters for it, though they didn't seem to effect anything. I finally gave up and uninstalled it. Anyway, I bought this phone for its hard keyboard.

4. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

I tried the HTC keyboard next to the Samsung Moment keyboard at the sprint store for over an hour. Meh... I don't see how it's light years ahead of the stock virtual keyboard...

5. cvam1985

cvam1985 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Perhaps it's due to the fact that I use the numeric keypad mode for SMS, but to me it just feels so much more "roomy" - Could never get my fingers to push the right thing on the stock keyboard.