• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories HTC TP2 1500 Battery and My Thoughts

It seems my 1500's battery life is getting better or perhaps I'm understanding the improvement better. It seems to be slightly less resilient to the initial drop. However, the drop from 65% to 40% or so does seem to take longer than with the factory battery.

Additionally, I've noticed battery left does show 17:57 at the beginning of each full charge with the 1500, as opposed to the 10:55 it shows with the stock battery.
Still on days when I make a large number of Bluetooth calls and use the internet, I notice a pretty Sharp nose dive in battery life.

Still, for the money, I would by another, hands down.

-MM47

Upvote 0
Got mine ... not sure if the phone needs time to calibrate to the new size or what, but it doesn't seem like it lasts THAT much longer. But it definitely lasts noticeably longer.

Then again I'm basing this off the % of battery left given to me by the phone (OEM, not downloaded widget) and not by when it actually dies. I'm going to let the battery run down to dead tonight. I have a feeling it should last.

Either way, even if it's the same as the regular stock battery, for $16 to my door in ONE day (tax in NJ) I am happy with it regardless.

Upvote 0
the 1500 isn't some sort of magical battery it's only 15% more capacity then the stock battery. I've used every battery avialble for the Incredible the 1500 got me exactly what I should have gotten maybe an extra hour or two at the end of the day. The Seidio 1750 while it may not be 1750mah it got me 1-2hrs more life then the 1500. I then went to the 2150 (big disapointment) it was again the same diffrence about 2-3hrs more life then the 1750.
If you want the best battery for the stock cover get the seidio 1750 (but find it for under $35 if you can) if you are going to put a big hump on the back of your Incredible get the Seidio 3500 it's a damn beast that will get you 3-4days of battery life and I swear is virtually impossible to kill in one day no matter what you do . The battery is a tank, I still have it but I'm back to using the stock battery now.
Now all this was before I rooted and started playing around with kernals and cpu settings now even the stock battery gets me easily thru the day. Took it off the charger at 6am it's now just after 2pm and I am at 75% with every setting but GPS on and I've been using my phone moderetly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones