• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Trade Up Program

clsA

Android Enthusiast
Apr 8, 2013
FLA. USA
Anyone but me taking advantage of the Trade Up program ? I got my old phone all boxed up and ready for shipping.
I'm suppose to have a $100 gift card on the way.
I sent in a Cricket Score I picked up cheap on clearance a while back. Still new so they can't complain about that.

Anyone else in ?

Anyone but me taking advantage of the Trade Up program ? I got my old phone all boxed up and ready for shipping.
I'm suppose to have a $100 gift card on the way.
I sent in a Cricket Score I picked up cheap on clearance a while back. Still new so they can't complain about that.

Anyone else in ?

I haven't sent it in & wasn't sure if any ONE purchase qualified or,those via HTC directly.

I know time is running out,4/30/13 I believe.......

Upvote 0
They actually tell you how much your phone is worth through a little drop down menu. So if your phone isnt there, you will know before you decide to send it. I took advantage of it and sent in my wifes crappy Lumia 900.

I sent it in on monday so I doubt I will hear anything for a few weeks. Pretty AWESOME program!

Upvote 0
They actually tell you how much your phone is worth through a little drop down menu. So if your phone isnt there, you will know before you decide to send it. I took advantage of it and sent in my wifes crappy Lumia 900.

I sent it in on monday so I doubt I will hear anything for a few weeks. Pretty AWESOME program!

If you don't mind me asking, how much they offer for the lumia ?

Upvote 0
i tried to do it.. I registered when they 1st offered the deal but now i put my personal code and promo code, says promo code not valid. I emailed HTC 2x and no response.
Was trying to sell the nexus s 4g for $100. If i was to do it again it states $0.

The website has been receiving maintenance upkeep/updating,per my phone call to support on 4/25/13.
I cannot register my phone w/HTC ATM due to this & was told to try again a few days later.

---

Good news for those that may have missed out on the initial sign-up period:

HTC extends trade-up credits for HTC One yet again

Upvote 0
Just a note for all those interested, I received an email from HTC today stating that they were extending the cut off date for the trade up program to June 19th.
promodateupdate_us_01.jpg

However, If you didn't sign up for the preorder deal before April 4th, you may not be able to take advantage of this deal. This is from the upgrade program terms of use page section 8 paragraph two "To receive the $100 trade in value (or actual device trade in value, whichever is greater) in exchange for the Device you trade in, you must register valid email address on or before April 4, 2013 at HTC OneTM Upgrade site, you must purchase and activate a new HTC One by May 19, 2013 and mail in your used Device with a valid Proof of Purchase of your HTC One (copy of UPC or invoice/receipt showing the IMEI) post marked by June 19, 2013."

I just unrooted my Evo 4G, pulled the micro SD card ( I gave the 8 gig one that came with it to my sister a while ago and sure as heck wasn't about to give them my 32GB card) threw a charger plug and a beat up HTC branded usb cable in the box along with my proof of purchase for the One and the trade up voucher which I printed off in a box and put it in the mail. Hopefully it gets processed and I get my $100.00 in a timely manner. I did contact HTC to ask if they would take the phone rooted, without a battery, without a charger and cable, and without a card, they said yes, but the terms of use page clearly stated that the battery, and charger MUST be included with the phone, so rather than take a chance on it, I threw them in with the phone.

Upvote 0
Just a note for all those interested, I received an email from HTC today stating that they were extending the cut off date for the trade up program to June 19th.
promodateupdate_us_01.jpg

However, If you didn't sign up for the preorder deal before April 4th, you may not be able to take advantage of this deal. This is from the upgrade program terms of use page section 8 paragraph two "To receive the $100 trade in value (or actual device trade in value, whichever is greater) in exchange for the Device you trade in, you must register valid email address on or before April 4, 2013 at HTC OneTM Upgrade site, you must purchase and activate a new HTC One by May 19, 2013 and mail in your used Device with a valid Proof of Purchase of your HTC One (copy of UPC or invoice/receipt showing the IMEI) post marked by June 19, 2013."

I just unrooted my Evo 4G, pulled the micro SD card ( I gave the 8 gig one that came with it to my sister a while ago and sure as heck wasn't about to give them my 32GB card) threw a charger plug and a beat up HTC branded usb cable in the box along with my proof of purchase for the One and the trade up voucher which I printed off in a box and put it in the mail. Hopefully it gets processed and I get my $100.00 in a timely manner. I did contact HTC to ask if they would take the phone rooted, without a battery, without a charger and cable, and without a card, they said yes, but the terms of use page clearly stated that the battery, and charger MUST be included with the phone, so rather than take a chance on it, I threw them in with the phone.

In the FAQ's there's a section saying that it's not necessary to include the charger or other accessories. It does say to include them though, if you'd like.

I included the battery, but that was it. We'll see what I get back.

Upvote 0
I almost sent my IPhone5 in .. but I bought my One from someone who won it and I never got a receipt.

I sold it for $550 on kijiji instead.

All in all I worked my own "trade-up" plan.

My One was $475
+ $25 for antiglare ghost armor screen protector
+ $25 to unlock
+ $20 for HTC hard case
+ $5 for a new SIM
= me breaking even ;-)

Upvote 0
Trade-in your old phone for an HTC One and get up to $375

I also see it's on through this weekend. With promo code "htc100" I get $100 even for my old Touch Pro 2! So I can keep my Evo 3D, trade in my TP2 to get $100. Only thing is it says the device you are trading in has to be active when you buy the HTC One. So I'll need Sprint to first activate my TP2 before I go in to buy the HTC One.

Pretty cool though. Only thing is if I don't like the HTC One and want to return it within 30 days that won't work, as it has to be active for 60 days for you to get the $100. It says if you aren't eligible they recycle your phone and give you nothing.

Upvote 0
I can't believe it but they will actually take my old Samsung Moment! According to the terms and conditions the phone has to be activated before activating the one, I am currently using the Photon. Just wondering how they can tell the what phone was previously activated, any ideas?

I would call up your carrier and have your Moment activated. With it activated (and your Photon de-activated), take your Moment into the store when you go to buy the HTC One. Then when the One is activated, the device that was active before that was the Moment (your Photon was technically de-activated).

I need to do the same thing with my old HTC TP2. I need to activate that, and de-activate my Evo 3D. Then when I go into the store, I'll have my TP2 activated when I buy and activate the HTC One.

Reactions: grimlok78
Upvote 0
The other potential sticking point is whether the used device you are trading in requires proof of purchase (they don't want to buy stolen phones). If it does, and you have your original box or receipt you should be OK. I sent them an email asking, but probably won't find out for sure until next week sometime.

I think I like the Galaxy S4 better, but that would net me nothing for my TP2. So I'm contemplating doing the following:

1) Buy the HTC One this weekend to qualify for the trade in promotion.

2) Trade in my TP2 to get $100.

3) Wait until I get my $100 from the trade in (within 60 days). Then sell my HTC One on Craigslist or Ebay. Off Contract price is $550, should be able to get roughly $500 after fees (if selling on Ebay), or close to $550 if selling via Craigslist.

4) Have Best Buy price match Sprint's $599.99 price for the off contract Galaxy S4. I'd have $500 from the HTC One, plus another $100 from my old phone, meaning it was an even trade.

5) I'd still have my Evo 3D as a backup phone

Sort of a round about way of getting the Galaxy S4, but would enable me to get $100 for my old piece of junk TP2. Does this sound like a viable plan?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones