HTC turnround repair in 8 days

Last Updated:

1. speedycolzalez

speedycolzalez Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Whoo, hoo. My Desire is back. HTC shipped it back 8 - yes 8 - working days after receiving it. I would have had it the following day but thanks to the utter and total incompetence of UPS I didn't get it till this evening (11 days after I sent it).

Seems they've replaced the motherboard (new IMEI). Big thumbs up to HTC for the turnaround, here's hoping its all fixed.

ps. I managed to resist getting an Orange San Fran :D

Advertisement
  2. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

well done, hope its ok now.

3. .ParanoidAndroid.

.ParanoidAndroid. Well-Known Member

What happened?

4. ryanln

ryanln Member

Thats better than the 4 and a half weeks it took Telus to return my desire, my flash stopped working.

5. Red_Avatar

Red_Avatar Well-Known Member

Hmm I'm wondering but: I bought a Vodaphone HTC Desire from a German store. There was nothing in the box to indicate it was a Vodaphone phone - nothing on the box either. Then, Vodaphone offered 2.2 update which stated that this update would effectively remove all the Vodaphone "unique features" and was offered for those who didn't want to wait for a proper 2.2 update from Vodaphone. So I did this update and lo and behold, there's not a single indication that this was ever a Vodaphone branded phone now.

Soooo to make a long story short: you think I could get this phone repaired straight from HTC now? Or would they find out through the phone ID?