HTC weather app showing moon during day

Last Updated:

1. Jake_P

Jake_P New Member This Topic's Starter

When i first got my desire the app was showing the sun when the sun was out and the moon when the moon was out. Then after a week it shows the moon from about 7pm when it quite clearly the sun is out. I am in the nw of england and yet when i switch it to london at the same time it shows the sun? but for my area it shows the moon?
    Any body else have a similar problem?

Advertisement
  2. billy1561

billy1561 Well-Known Member

Yep same here. Actually i thought it may have needed updating so i did that but no difference. It showed sunny at 22.00 last night in the N/W. Very odd

3. NineToTheSky

NineToTheSky Well-Known Member

Have you got the location as 'current location'?

4. ukzen

ukzen Well-Known Member

Dont have that particular problem ,but how do you set current location ?.when i use maps to find location it is about 3 miles out ,so on home page weather is shown for West Bromwich instead of Dudley where i live.
    The separate weather widget,shows Dudley! ,if i turn on GPS and find location it sorts it out ,but then when i go to work it reverts back to West Bromwich and stays there.
    I thought Google maps was accurate within 200 metres or something,using mobile internet connection and hitting my location it never budges missing by about 3 miles

5. damuffinman

damuffinman Well-Known Member

If you're just using your network location chances are that the location database has been updated erroneously and your location now pins you to the wrong place. Kept happening to me in the area I live in (shows Chiswick in London instead of my city), but when I drive around to some other area (say about 4, 5 miles or so from Home) it displays my city again.

6. Anthony1

Anthony1 Well-Known Member

Same problem here.

My location (Luton) shows the moon and 10c temp.

It's bright sunshine and 21c. London shows up correctly. I think someone has screwed up on the Android weather server.

7. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member

Have you lot all tried removing the app from your home screens, and re-setting the time and weather to your current location?

8. TheTrueSpin

TheTrueSpin Well-Known Member

Lol... to be honest, the widget is very nice looking, but totally pointless unless you live in a house with no windows and no doors.

9. belso

belso Member

I am located in Switzerland, my location shows up correctly 80% of the time I'd say, whilst London shows constant bright sunshine regardless of the time of day or night.

10. Anthony1

Anthony1 Well-Known Member

Yes.

I've contacted 'Accuweather' who run this service. They said they were aware of the problem and are working to resolve it.

11. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member

Glad you've got to the bottom of it. It's also good to see somebody else from my neck of the woods on here!

12. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Do you have their contact details? That way we can all report locations that dont pull any weather, despite being valid.

13. smange

smange New Member

I was having this problem too. Then I realised it was the silliest thing: The weather app was only syncing every three hours. Change the sync settings back to one hour and do a manual sync to fix it straight away.

Click on the weather widget to get to the app. Press menu > refresh. Then in menu > settings make sure it's updating automatically and syncing every hour. Fixed. :)

14. papa j

papa j Well-Known Member

thats becouse its true, its always sunny in london day or night.