HTC weather/clock widget - Limited Cities!Support

Last Updated:

1. Mariociri

Mariociri Member This Topic's Starter

As an old iphone user, I am extremely dissapointed in the HTC Weather widget. Very small number of cities. I mean Fort Portal Uganda and not Fort Myers, FL? Also, no hour by hour forecast? Great effects, but lame content.

Advertisement
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Welcome to the forums, totally agree.

The issue here is that they call accuweather.com - the worst there is, imo.

Over the last few days, they lost my home town, and to top it off, they got into an endless loop deciding if Santa Clara was in California or Caracas.

Sux, but there it is.

Good news is you can use just a clock and a Weather Channel widget. Just not as classy looking as the big widget, but definitely functional.

3. 82ndCowboy

82ndCowboy Well-Known Member

If your in one of their cities that's listed and touch weather at the bottom it will take you to acuweather.com's web page and on there there is an hour by hour forecast for that city.
    But I agree with you. Acuweather.com sucks.

4. BLOWNCO

BLOWNCO Well-Known Member

or you can have it set to your geolocation then your city will always be there problem solved

5. paynekiller

paynekiller Active Member

a major problem i have with it is that it does not allow for cities/countries that do not recognize daylight savings time. So my stock google clock will change to the local time while I'm in Jamaica but the clock widget stays 1 hour ahead no matter what I try. There definitely needs to be a checkbox to turn DST On/Off