HTC weather not showing local information

Last Updated:

1. ArtGuy

ArtGuy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My HTC weather app is showing me information for Chicago, but I live 140 miles south of Chicago. If I tap the weather info icon, I can do a search and it finds my local weather, but the desktop doesn't update, it stays on Chicago. I searched the menu information but can't seem to find any information on updating the information on the desktop.

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,
    Brad

Advertisement
  2. denise1768

denise1768 Well-Known Member

I have that problem too, but mine eventually changes back. I'm in San Jose, CA, but every now and then it will change to Salinas, CA. (65 miles away)

3. ArtGuy

ArtGuy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Strange... if I type in the city that I am actually in, it says "city not found".

4. Liebertron

Liebertron Well-Known Member

I struggled with general problems with the weather widget. I ended up deleting it and re adding it to my home screen. Fixed everything and I havent had a problem since.

5. Nerve

Nerve Well-Known Member

I have that same issue, but only at home. I think my issue (in particular) is due to me using the Airave at home. I live in Raleigh, NC but and if I am home my weather/clock widget defaults to Charlotte, NC which is 3 hours away. I know that a lot of people dont use an airave, but thats seems to be the culprit in my situation.

6. wase4711

wase4711 Well-Known Member

alot of weather widgets I have tried lately arent showing the temperatures correctly..