• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC weather widget sucks

I'm trying out Fancy Widget. Looks just like the Sense clock (minus the pop up effects :( )

I'll give it a day or two and give you my verdict.

I used that for a few days when i tried out one of the launcher programs. Its pretty good. The only differneces are that it doesn't have the animated weather, the alarm clock and timer gadgets, and the numbers on the clock seemed to not be as high resolution or quality. The only plus i got was that when you click the weather part, instead of loading the full weather app, it loads a quick and easy pop up with the 4 day weather forecast.

Upvote 0
Don't know about the weather info, but it definitely sucks for location. Takes forever to update "my location" and at work, from time to time my location is simply "5" instead of the city name. Meanwhile, weather bug, the weather channel, and beautiful widgets pick up my location quickly and accurately (never see that "5"). HTC's clock/weather/location widget needs some work. I removed it about 5 weeks ago and haven't looked back.

Upvote 0
For those of you having issues with keeping the weather widget going.. be sure to check the following (and this also fixes the "Update Frequency Won't Stick")

Menu > Settings > Accounts & Sync

Make sure Auto-Sync is ticked, or else the auto-update for the Weather will not stick, no matter how many times you try and apply it from the Weather widget's end.

Then just tick the Weather to be apart of the "Auto-Sync" and it should be good.

I know whenever I enter a different "area" it updates..

I live in Mt. Pleasant SC (SubCity of Charleston), and it shows Mt. P at my home.. "Charleston" is Downtown.. North Charleston is.. well North Charleston - etc etc..

Granted the Weather info isn't radar worthy.. but at least everytime I go to look at it, its updated now..

Upvote 0
I used that for a few days when i tried out one of the launcher programs. Its pretty good. The only differneces are that it doesn't have the animated weather, the alarm clock and timer gadgets, and the numbers on the clock seemed to not be as high resolution or quality. The only plus i got was that when you click the weather part, instead of loading the full weather app, it loads a quick and easy pop up with the 4 day weather forecast.

And I'm hoping another plus is that it works (unlike the Htc one.). I'm hoping they get the currentbugs fixed in the next OTA (but then I've been hoping htc would fix their cool weather widget since I had one on the Wing.)

Upvote 0
For those of you having issues with keeping the weather widget going.. be sure to check the following (and this also fixes the "Update Frequency Won't Stick")

Menu > Settings > Accounts & Sync

Make sure Auto-Sync is ticked, or else the auto-update for the Weather will not stick, no matter how many times you try and apply it from the Weather widget's end.

Then just tick the Weather to be apart of the "Auto-Sync" and it should be good.

I know whenever I enter a different "area" it updates..

I live in Mt. Pleasant SC (SubCity of Charleston), and it shows Mt. P at my home.. "Charleston" is Downtown.. North Charleston is.. well North Charleston - etc etc..

Granted the Weather info isn't radar worthy.. but at least everytime I go to look at it, its updated now..

I have problems with my weather widget updating, but I have Auto-Sync checked and it stays checked. Still no updates. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
I am having issues with the HTC weather app also.

I live in Corona, CA and I work in Los Angeles. When I leave in the morning to go to work it shows Corona, CA and when I get to LA it still shows Corona all day.

I even went to AZ recently and the whole time I was there it showed Corona, CA. Yes I have "location on".

It even shows 2 Corona, CA locations when I go to delete locations and I "X" the Corona, CA location and it never deletes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones