1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

HTC Weather WidgetGeneral

1. Grizzld

Grizzld Well-Known Member

My HTC weather widget (the one included with the flip clock) is definitely not updating. I've tried different configurations of the HTC widget, and they don't update either. A friend of mine is having the same problem.

I even did a factory reset to see if that would resolve the issue to no avail. Anyone else having this problem?

Advertisement
    :
  2. dizzin9

dizzin9 New Member

is your 3g on?
  3. Grizzld

Well, it should be. My WiFi is on, and the WiFi indicator is covering up the 3G icon.

I've got "Enable always-on mobile" selected in Mobile Network Settings. Does the WiFi replace 3G when its turned on or work in conjunction with it?

Would this even matter? Wouldn't the Weather App be able to update via WiFi? :confused::confused::confused:
  4. Grizzld

Right now, it's 12:33 AM and the widget says Mostly Sunny.
  5. ghostwriter

ghostwriter Member

What happens when you go into the widget and manually refresh it? Also, go into the widget and press the Menu button, and go into the settings. Make sure it's on the auto-update setting.
  6. Grizzld

It's definitely set to automatically update, but I have to manually update when I open the program. When I open the program, the time at the bottom of the screen is always an hour or so off. It never updates unless I hit the update icon at the lower left of the screen.

Seems like it starts working every now and then, randomly.
  7. I too was having "quirks" with the HTC weather widget periodically not updating... the whole "sunny at 2am!" thing, and stuff ;) I decided to dump it for the WeatherBug app instead. I like it a lot better, honestly. WeatherBug puts the current temp up in the notification bar up top, and then when you pull down the notification tray, you are also given the current temp, high temp, cloudy/sunny/whatever... and the time it last updated.

It also comes with two different size widgets which are nice as well, however I don't really use them since the temp is up in the bar all the time (even on the unlock screen, which is nice!). Plus, the app gives you radar, a lot more information about the forecasts, weathercam photos and more.

This is all in the free version (ad supported)... there's supposed to be a pay version ("Elite"), which I'd gladly pay for but I can't seem to find it in my Market for whatever reason. *shrugs*
  8. Grizzld

I will try that. Thanks :)
  9. psu9495

psu9495 Member

Today my stock HTC clock/weather widget stopped displaying the weather. When I go into the weather App, it refreshes but I get nothing but a black screen. I can still scroll through the cities I had loaded, but there is nothing but the name of the city! I didn't change anything between yesterday and today. Anyone have any idea why the weather stopped working? And it doesn't matter 3G or WiFi. Doesn't work all of the sudden.
  10. cap10mark

cap10mark Well-Known Member

Open weatherbug>menu>upgrade to elite
  11. Copy/paste my response to you regarding the same subject in the "Missing Apps" thread: Yes, that works *now* -- but not last week when I original wrote about it :). In between then and now, as I posted elsewhere in (that) thread, its has been fixed.
  12. hondito

hondito Member

I'm having a similar problem with the clock/weather widget on my Hero. I have it set to Current City and I noticed the other day that the weather wasn't updating. ( I live in Long Beach, CA) It was stuck on one weather. I especially noticed when it still said partly sunny at 11pm. :) It doesn't work even if i try to manually update.
    I thought it was just the current city function that was having trouble registering but when I go to other cities nearby it updates fine. And when I specifically set it to Long Beach, CA, it was still stuck and not updating.

Anyone else having this problem? Is there something wrong with the weather equipment in Long Beach?

I'm at a loss.
  13. mckinzie.rose

mckinzie.rose Member

I've been having this problem for weeks. I'm hoping that its resolved in 2.*
  14. zoltan

zoltan Member

At 1 a.m., my Eris widget reads "partly sunny." No one seems to have any answer other than "get weatherbug."
  15. mckinzie.rose

mckinzie.rose Member

I HOPE this gets fixed with out 2.1 update. And at the least I would like the weather widget that comes with 2.1 I dont see why it wouldnt, since it should be a stock Android widget I believe.
  16. andrew8806

andrew8806 Well-Known Member

2 Words for you.... Beautiful Widgets!!!!!!!!!!!!
  17. jaybeewaybee

jaybeewaybee Well-Known Member

Weather will not update if connected to Wi-Fi. Turned off Wi-Fi...Voila!!! Weather updates fine.
  18. 3 words, weather widget donate.
  19. hattrick

hattrick Well-Known Member

My HTC weather widget updates automatically but it seems to only do so every 4 hours or so. Also between ~12am-2am it always shows sunny. I wish you could manually set how often it updates.
  20. predcrazy06

predcrazy06 Active Member

Beautiful Widgets is the way to go. They now have skins you can download right to your SD card for free. I had a lot of problems with the HTC weather widget not showing the correct temp.
  21. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

Just curious, what is your awake time? (settings-->about phone).

Thanks.
  22. foccer

foccer Member

I'm used to using weather.com so I made a shortcut icon to that page. It has a good mobile version page. Also has 10 day forecast, school info....more comprehensive then the HTC widget.
  23. My awake time is consistently in the 9%-11% range. My battery life is quite good, so I can fairly confidently say that Weatherbug isn't a hog. I'm running the 'Elite' (paid) version now since it finally showed up in the Market after that post you quoted so long ago ;) The big thing, I think, is to set it not to use GPS to constantly find your location... just set your home and/or whatever other locations you want to quickly see the weather for, and turn off GPS in the app.
  24. jaboda79

jaboda79 Well-Known Member

I just installed WB, awake at 47%
  25. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

That's good it works for you. I had to get rid of it because no matter how much I turned off and tweaked, it kept my awake time at nearly 100%. I'm now using the weather.com widget and it only updates when I wake my phone up and flick to the screen the widget is on.

Maybe I'll give Weatherbug one more go around and install it once more.