• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

htc weather

iammarymck

Lurker
Feb 9, 2012
I have HTC weather installed on my desire. I love the graphics, especially when it's cold. But it's possibly the worst weather forecast ever. I'm so fed up with being told London's sunny and warm when I'm freezing and it's foggy. I can't seem to delete this app. Please can someone advise me how to do so and recommend a reliable weather app? Thanks!

I've got a question re the HTC weather app (Sensation XE) - it lists my location as 'United Kingdom' - but that's not particularly accurate as the UK is a big place! On my Desire S it used to locate me down to the city and even the region of my city. Anyone know how it can be made to forecast the weather for my city?

Upvote 0
I've got a question re the HTC weather app (Sensation XE) - it lists my location as 'United Kingdom' - but that's not particularly accurate as the UK is a big place! On my Desire S it used to locate me down to the city and even the region of my city. Anyone know how it can be made to forecast the weather for my city?

AFAIK it uses the GPS. I think that's how the wife's Wildfire S works as that is always "local". They are all cr*p at actual weather forecasting though. The only time they'll be correct more than 24 hours in advance is if there is a big high pressure area sat over the country (the UK that is) that's not moving. It's usually more accurate just to look out of the window. Of course, the graphics are nice on these weather apps .....

Dave

Upvote 0
I'm in the Philippines and Accuweather is pretty accurate. You just have to set the refresh rates faster, like every hour or so. You also have to enable google positioning along with your GPS active so that the app can get a more accurate position. The app also has to have an open connection to the internet during the refresh times, so your data connection has to remain open all the time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones