HTC Widget Calendar bug since update?

Last Updated:

1. doojer

doojer Member This Topic's Starter

Ever since doing the update, the mini HTC Calendar Widget (this one) is one day ahead in displaying events. The date itself is displayed correctly-- but the event shown is incorrect. For instance, today (Monday) I have events scheduled. I have no events scheduled Tues and 1 all day event scheduled for Wed. The calendar widget is not showing me today's events but, instead, is showing me Wednesday's event and saying it's "tomorrow" (which it isn't-- it's in two days).

If I press the event on the widget, it brings up a detailed screen with the wrong date for the event (it shows wednesdays event scheduled for Tuesday) but if I click "edit", the edit screen shows me the correct entry... and everything's right in the google calendar. The large widget (this one) doesn't seem to have any issues and displays everything correctly.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. erjent

erjent Active Member

try trashing the widget and adding a new mini htc calendar widget. I had this problem before the update, but doing that after the update fixed it for me.

try the android calendar widget. it is not as pretty, but shows if you have additional events on the same day. also shows the next event on you schedule even if it isn't for a week.

3. Frantic Ferret

Frantic Ferret Well-Known Member

I've been using calWidget in the 4x1 size in place of the stock HTC calendar app. The way it is layed out it can show up to 4 upcoming events in the same amount of space.

4. doojer

Thanks guys. I think I've got it fixed. I had tried dumping the widget and reloading it, rebooting, etc... to no avail. What seemed to work was removing the widget, actually deleting all upcoming events from Google Calendar and re-entering them and then reloading the widget. Kind of a PITA, but it seems to have fixed the issue.

I'll still look into that calWidget, though-- thanks for the heads up.

5. Frantic Ferret

Frantic Ferret Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you worked it out. I also run calWidget in a 4x4 mode on one whole page. Displays about a weeks worth of appointments. Not very pretty, but effective.

6. pdragon

pdragon Well-Known Member

Thanks for the calWidget suggestion! Replaced the Android 2x2 one with it on my home screen.

7. doojer

Well, nevermind about the fix. It was working right for my first couple of appointments, but now it's right back to showing the incorrect events again. :(

Guess I'll stick with a different widget. Too bad, I like the way the 4x1 HTC widget looked.

8. mrkniceguy

mrkniceguy Well-Known Member

I am also experiencing this issue. It worked fine yesterday and then when I added an event today, it starting showing me the stuff for Wednesday. Lame.

9. Herodroid

Herodroid Well-Known Member

Thanks for the calWidget tip. It's not the best looking, but it works.

10. vwvapor

vwvapor Well-Known Member

11. doojer

Weird. Definitely sounds very similar... but, it never happened to me before the update and it does not happen with any other widget but the HTC one. Every other widget (Android Calendar Widget, calWidget, etc...) displays the correct events on the correct date. My desktop Google notifiers work just fine, too. Also, this is happening with events that aren't all day. Even events that are from x time to y time are doing it.

So, not sure....

12. erjent

erjent Active Member

My android calendar widget works also. The only thing that doesn't work for me is all day events on the mini htc widget. I thought it was working fine, but now it is telling me that thnksgiving is tomorrow.

13. wonthanhguy

wonthanhguy Member

I never used the HTC widget before the update, but I'm with you on that.... I liked the HTC small calendar's look. =\.

I'm now using the android widget. I just liked the 4x1's look because of aesthetic reasons.

14. vwvapor

The update did nothing to break or fix this for me. Here's a test that's an eye opener:

15. vwvapor

The update did nothing to break or fix this for me. Here's a test that's an eye opener:

Open up your calendar and find an all day event. I just used thanksgiving from googles holiday calendar. The month grid view shows it correctly on 11/26. Select 11/26 and it'll show thanksgiving (or your all day event at the top). Here's the part with the problem that throws the widget off.... click/select/press thanksgiving at the top, and now the event view lists it as one day early on Wed 11/25!

I've found complaints dating as early as Feb of this year and on non-android handsets as well.

16. Herodroid

Herodroid Well-Known Member

Well, I didn't like calWidget.

I found another app called Pure Calendar Widget. It's a paid app, but worth the couple bucks to me. The events show up correctly which is most important. The nice thing is the widget is skinnable and you can change the dimensions on the homescreen.