HTC Widget "Notes"

Last Updated:

1. Rainbow Snake

Rainbow Snake Active Member This Topic's Starter

I seem to be missing something ... I've installed the HTC widget "Notes" ...

(available via the "get more widgets" option when you add widgets to your homepage)

... and although it looks pretty, and takes up lots of space, it seems to be kinda crippled, like it should be able to do more than it can. I've been looking all around the 'net and can't find anyone discussing it. Yes I know 3banana exists, but I'm interested in knowing about "Notes".

Its interface for adding new notes and being able to type or draw on the pages is great, with the "swipe" for moving between pages too.

But you can't edit or add to notes once you've written them?? The only two options are to write a new note or delete one.

Looking in the "Manage Applications" settings for "Notes for Android", it says the widget has a massive range of permissions, including browser access, making calls and smses, location access, internet & mail access etc ...

Have I missed some "switch the cool stuff on" setting in the widget?

Advertisement
  2. CorruptedSanity

CorruptedSanity Well-Known Member

Yes its pretty basic. Feels like they developed it in a hurry.

3. weirdNumber

weirdNumber Well-Known Member

I must have missed the cool stuff as well. It seems a bit useless really, looks nice I guess...

4. Banzibarn

Banzibarn Well-Known Member

Kind of on the same subject, when you add a "Folder" to one of your homes screens, one of them is called "All notes".

Is this connected to the notes app?

5. gie62001

gie62001 Well-Known Member

me too was wondering the same thing :) however i can add more that even though it says when you install that it need sd card to store notes, nomatter where i looked using Astro file manager i couldn't find where it stores it with the hope i could edit notes from there as from the main app you can't edit them :( a bit sad as it looks so great

6. wisewood

wisewood Active Member

only use i can find for this is to type up a quick shopping list as the mrs rummages through the fridge shouting out milk, cheese, eggs, ketchup... bread... bacon... butter. Etc.

Then wander round the shop crossing them off with my finger. Then delete the note when i am finished, and have shown the note to prove she didnt in fact ask for washing powder and bleach lol

7. Rainbow Snake

See that's part of what appeals to me ... it feels very visceral to cross out items with a wonky hand-drawn line.

heh, or I suppose quickly retype the note to match your version of events ;)

8. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Think they went for the realistic theme, ie write, read, throw away your post it, don't use it tho!

9. Kayze777

Kayze777 New Member

I agree. I was so delighted when I first downloaded the widget, especially with its finger-flick note-switching. It is everything I was looking for in a note widget EXCEPT that the notes are not editable! What a disappointment!

10. Mr Sworld

Mr Sworld Active Member

A bottle of Tippex will sort that problem out for you...... :rolleyes:

11. Rainbow Snake

Maybe, but then why does it need so many permissions?
    CAlls, sms, email etc?

12. 1981

1981 Well-Known Member

its strange tht u get only 3 more extra widgets clicking on the add more widgets option.

13. jason-567

jason-567 Well-Known Member

why dont you all download colornotes its 10x better and the widget is easy too

14. Rainbow Snake

Doh, and now my Notes widget has stopped remembering any of the notes!
    All previous notes have gone and whenever I draw a new one, it disappears as soon as I click on "done" :-/

Color Notes looks way more complex than this Notes Widget, but I guess it works at least.

15. spidremann

spidremann Member

I've got a problem where when I click on Notes under add more widgets, it says installing.....has been for DAYS! Can't get it to stop, can't find it. I'm at my wits end!

16. Hedison

Hedison New Member

Just dowmloaded 3 banana which is now called catch (either that or I have downloaded the wrong thing) Looks good.