HTC Widget Question?

Last Updated:

1. Michaelj1981

Michaelj1981 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Mar 8, 2010
    Ok under the HTC widget Section and under settings you have the airplane mode, bluetooth, GPS, Mobile Network and wi-fi.

Ok if i slect the Mobile network and the GBS and put that in my page i can set up if i were to leave my phone on factory settings (u know how everything is left on to update automatic and stuch) well my question is if i lick them off does that shut down everything so im not using any data on anything and same with GPS. Cuz if thats how it work then i would like to use that for conserving battery power and such and turn it on when needed vs leaving it on all the time.

Or is there a application out there with a one click shut down everything but phone and so i can send / receive phone calls and text massages.

2. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Yes. If you use the data toggle, your phone will not be using any internet. You will still get calls and texts without a problem, but you'll need to turn it on to download picture texts. I couldn't get the HTC widget to work though so I got "Toggle data widget" from the market. It's kinda ugly but it works great. I've been using it for the past week and my battery life has improved ALOT, even with heavy use. I also use a toggle for WiFi when I'm at home or a hotspot, HTC's works fine so no need to install one from the market.
    As for GPS, I can't find a toggle that really works for it. I kept it completely off for awhile but then I started reading about it a bit. Apparently it only kicks in if an app needs it, which is very seldom. I've had it turned on for the last week too, not the third box, but the first two boxes which give a rough estimate.
    So for the past week I've been using toggles for mobile data and Wifi, only turning them on when needed, and keeping GPS on all the time and been getting great battery life!!!:)
  3. Hoos

Hoos Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Curvefish has a number of simple, free toggle widgets - including one for GPS. I've used them for several months and like their functionality. They have one for the ringer that turns the ringer on, ringer off/vibrate on, and ringer/vibrate both off.