HTC Widgets not installingSupport

Last Updated:

1. NCCase

NCCase Member This Topic's Starter

I rooted my phone last night and was reinstalling all my apps and widgets. Before I went to bed, I clicked to download the HTC widgets battery, coin, and dice. I woke this morning to find 2 of them were stuck installing and one was downloading. I was able to cancel the downloading one and download and install it. The others are still stuck labeled 'installing' and I can't find any way to cancel or make them proceed. Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. NCCase

NCCase Member This Topic's Starter

Did some research and found it:

Settings->Applications->Manage Applications->HTC Widget Download Manager
    Inside this Application info, I selected "Clear Data" and "Clear Cache"
    After doing this, I shutdown the phone, and removed the battery for about 30 seconds. After replacing the battery and turning it on, the Widget was no longer "installing", and I was able to download it again, and it installed without a problem.

MammonLord likes this.
  3. MammonLord

MammonLord Active Member

This bug happens when you try to install more than one widget at a time. To avoid it, wait for each widget to completely install before starting to download the next one.

I've never seen a solution for this stupid bug before. Thank you for posting!

4. czarphanguye

czarphanguye Member

Thanks, this fixed an issue I was having downloading HTC widgets on the EVO 3D. Same solution fixed yet, yet go to HTC Hub (new name for widget download manager) and clear cache (did not clear data.) Then reboot.

Fixed the HTC Widget being stuck on "installing."

ChrisBirkett likes this.