HTC Widgets

Last Updated:

1. savetheknot

savetheknot Well-Known Member

Hi, all. I am rooted and running MikG 2.59. I am wanting to get rid of the HTC widgets. Will it cause problems to uninstall them? I have frozen them on Titanium Backup, but they still show up in the customization menu.

Advertisement
  2. frenchy714

frenchy714 Well-Known Member

You should be gtg in uninstalling them. Have you ever thought about flashing an AOSP ROM? You wouldn't have to deal w/ HTC widgets.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

if you freeze them and there are no issues with the rom you are on, then they should be safe to delete. but i would make a nandroid backup just in case some issue arises then all you have to do is nandroid restore back.
    dustwun77, savetheknot and NaterTots like this.
  4. savetheknot

It seems intimidating. Plus I like 4G and all.
  5. frenchy714

Every AOSP ROM w/ the exception of MIUI has 4g working, so you shouldn't have a problem there.
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  6. savetheknot

O cool. I was running CM7 on another device and some things didn't work properly. I may have to try again. Do I just flash CM7 and gapps? After nanning and wiping of course.
  7. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog Moderator

Listen to Ocn before deleting make a Nandroid. If you decide to try an AOSP ROM again Do a Nandroid. Nandroids are our safety nets. If something goes wrong we can fall back on them.
    dustwun77 and frenchy714 like this.
  8. frenchy714

Of course. You can find CM7 and the appropriate gaaps at the ROM's and Kernel's DL page.
    dustwun77 likes this.
  9. frenchy714

Couldn't agree more.
  10. JustSomeDude

JustSomeDude Well-Known Member

Yup, that's it. You also may need to flash the GPS fix, but you can decide that after you get it running.

Also, just throwing out another option:
    The guy in this thread has pre-removed all the sense stuff from a few roms if you want the gps/dialer/messaging/etc from sense without using the sense rosie and widgets.
    savetheknot likes this.
  11. savetheknot

One last thing I was wondering. If i flash Miui (no 4G) then went back to a ROM w/ 4G (MikG, for example) do i need to do anything special to get 4G back?
  12. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog Moderator

If you decide just to delete the Widgets you don't want make sure to wipe cache and dalvic afterwords or it could get ugly even if you are not using them.
    savetheknot likes this.
  13. JustSomeDude

JustSomeDude Well-Known Member

You shouldn't have to do anything, no. However, like everyone has been saying, BE SURE you have a nandroid backup with your wimax keys included, just in case.
    savetheknot likes this.
  14. frenchy714

You'll be gtg.
    savetheknot likes this.
  15. savetheknot

Thanks all! This place is a palace of wisdom...
    argedion and frenchy714 like this.
  16. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Well-Known Member

The Qualcomm 1.1 driver will have your GPS working better than it ever did on a Sense rom. It's awesome.
    frenchy714 likes this.
  17. savetheknot

Where can I get it and is it flashable?
  18. frenchy714

You can find them here. And yes it's flashable.
  19. Drew5150

Drew5150 Well-Known Member

Just throwing this out... Most of the Widgets have been made uninstallable on mikg. Just go to manage applications - and look in downloads, most of your Widgets will be in there. Anything in there is safe to uninstall.